Fumes and nausea

Stephen Blair

Hedge cutting today and working in tight spaces with top handle and also down wind from Gloria the chipper:sneaky2:

I've felt nauseous since 3 pm, drowsy and tight across the chest:thumbdown:

Enough enough, it's Aspen time.

I looked on Justin's site and I see there's 4 stroke fuel aswell.

Thoughts and input please from users who have made the change.

Ps I'm not bothered about cost, I've been working with machines now since I was 15 and sat working a log splitter and down wind from my old man logging since a kid, I'm 38 now and spend most of my time feeling done in:thumbdown:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hedge cutting today and working in tight spaces with top handle and also down wind from Gloria the chipper:sneaky2:

I've felt nauseous since 3 pm, drowsy and tight across the chest:thumbdown:

Enough enough, it's Aspen time.

I looked on Justin's site and I see there's 4 stroke fuel aswell.

Thoughts and input please from users who have made the change.

Ps I'm not bothered about cost, I've been working with machines now since I was 15 and sat working a log splitter and down wind from my old man logging since a kid, I'm 38 now and spend most of my time feeling done in:thumbdown:

HI STEPHEN will you use ASPEN ALL THE TIME NOW IN SAWS TO thanks jon :thumbup:

Tom I don't plan on working indoors but I used 10 litres a few years ago and hedge cutting was actually enjoyable.

The back pack blower is brutal aswell for fumes.

I've got a Scagg mower, I average 4 hours a week using it and the fumes blow right at you, as does Gloria chipper, that's why I'm considering the 4 stroke stuff aswell.

The battersy pilenic saw, hedge cutter, blower, strimmer is brilliant for light duties but a lot of my stuff is smashy smashy stuff and the strimmer only last 40 mins constant and I can't charge it through the day on the go.

What sort of hedge was it? I know laurel can give you similar symptoms, think it releases cyanide gas when cut? :scared1:

Rhody and escalopes, it was with the extension hedge cutter so holding it at chest height most of the time shaping stuff, so fumes right there.

Cutting a hedge yesterday with mixed fuel I really noticed the fumes.

I changed to Aspen 6 years ago for everything and never once have thought to go back to mixing fuel.

OK people will keep talking about the price and that's where these threads always go... make the change and I'd be exceedingly surprised if you changed back.

Get a pallet load in :biggrin: is the most economical way of doing it.