laski /greenmech stumpgrinder

kimtree

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Naturally, I've used them, in fact quite nearly all of them. Like anything, it's only as good as the guy using it - same goes for any machinery. Some people like me have a go and very quickly can make it go some. Other people do not have that naturaly deft touch. A grinder is a grinder, some people find others easier to operate, I like the GreenMech and the vermeer, Carlton is good but apparantly pricey, to buy and to run and Dave Kendall has sacked his dealers so it's back to Liston for back up and spares.

Used a Vermeer, or a Laski? Ive used both, and the Laski is a better design than the vermeer.

How is it better Mr E? Where does it beat the Vermeer? And how do you feel the Carlton is better than the Laski. Genuine interest in the feedback as I've had a little promotion and when I go back in the New Year I've some purchasing responsibility for kit (council gangs) and stump grinder is on the list. Thanks.

Surely not - undoubtedly some machines are better designed and manufactured than others?

You can't rag a Datsun Sunny around a racetrack like you can a Ferrari!?

Funny that, I ragged a Datsun sunny from cold most days for over a year (25k), never serviced it, only put water in the washer bottle and it never objected.

In a way you are right, design and manufacture do go into the equation. But a good design can be hard work for the user. The Vermeer and Carlton are good tools, the Laski is also a good tool. Try before you buy - a good sales outlet will come and demo.

The machine pictured looks like it is running an Arborplant head, anybody tried those 50p heads?

its got a multi tip cutting wheel,much better than the original one which kept shearing pocket bolts if it hit a rock or metal,also cuts better.ive had to modifie a few things like changing from a 2 to a 3 drive pulley and a new guard,next is a better screen,one made from lexan,it does like to leak oil and the diff locks can come unscrewed which caused the bloody thing to nearly fall off the loading ramps once,now i check them prior to loading/unloading,apart from these problems its a good unit however its the only one ive used apart from one back in england 20 years ago a handle bar machine that had the cutting head nearest the operator cant remember the name

its got a multi tip cutting wheel,much better than the original one which kept shearing pocket bolts if it hit a rock or metal,also cuts better.ive had to modifie a few things like changing from a 2 to a 3 drive pulley and a new guard,next is a better screen,one made from lexan,it does like to leak oil and the diff locks can come unscrewed which caused the bloody thing to nearly fall off the loading ramps once,now i check them prior to loading/unloading,apart from these problems its a good unit however its the only one ive used apart from one back in england 20 years ago a handle bar machine that had the cutting head nearest the operator cant remember the name

Hauxley "little David" i had one,deadly,:scared:i moved the handle on mine to the other end.