Palisade fencing

Jimbob87

Hi all got my first palisade fencing job since setting up on my own six years ago not something i have chased particularly. I used to do alot for my former employer however i am a little hazy at the minute. Obviously the fixing of the palings is self explanatory its the process of putting the posts in. Do u just follow the lay of the land. In my head i remember my boss marking out were the posts go at 2.4m centres then digging the holes and then installing the posts to the desired height out of the ground. Any help or tips would be appreciated I'm shure it will all come bak to me when we start just like to reassure myself first

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

set out the same as closeboard,much easier to sit palings on gravel board,keeping them perpendicular to posts,same as you would with feather edge, morticed arris rails or facefixed 87x38 rails will depend on where you put your g/b cleats.

hope this helps mate

mike

set out the same as closeboard,much easier to sit palings on gravel board,keeping them perpendicular to posts,same as you would with feather edge, morticed arris rails or facefixed 87x38 rails will depend on where you put your g/b cleats.

hope this helps mate

mike

Sorry mate mean steel palisade security fencing.

ah, in that case, i would step the bays for ground intolerences/slopes.

You cant step the bays, just follow the lay of the land and as long as your posts are up right your palisades will be. Use a palisade to get your post height roughley where you want it with desired gap underneath. Imo some of the easiest fencing to erect, just make sure your happy with it all before you snap off your security nuts! Also a cordless nut runner is a must if your doing a lot of it. Have you quoted for standard or ultra? The ultra is lighter but has a higher impact force.

You cant step the bays, just follow the lay of the land and as long as your posts are up right your palisades will be. Use a palisade to get your post height roughley where you want it with desired gap underneath. Imo some of the easiest fencing to erect, just make sure your happy with it all before you snap off your security nuts! Also a cordless nut runner is a must if your doing a lot of it. Have you quoted for standard or ultra? The ultra is lighter but has a higher impact force.

Would you bring your botom rail with you as you set posts? Is it best to get all the rails on before running the nuts off then start putting the pales on

I always fit the rails as I fit the posts.

Must say pallisade fencing is not over secure. Hammer and sharp chisel easily removes the bottom bolt allowing the pailing to be pushed sideways and most crooks can slide through the gap. Either concrete all the pailings in or use the latest weld mesh fencing, easier to spot a hole!!