Chainsaw wellies

Stere

Hi do you wear theese with chainsaw protection trousers trousers tucked in or trousers over the top?

Being working in a ankle deep swamp so went to but some to stop my leather boots getting wrecked.

Only trouble is my sthil trousers won't fit over thew tops of them as boot to wide, & if I try tuck then in down the the tops of the wellies the don't fit under properly either,plus wellies will full with sawdust.

Suppose i need a trousers with aslightly wider leg? Bootcut

I generally just tuck mine in too my boots. To be honest it's not a massive pain in the arse taking the wellies off to clean them out, or alternatively just wear water proof trousers over the top if it's raining and it doubles too stop saw dust from getting in said wellies

Snap!! was working in what can only be described as a bog for 6 weeks jan-march scrub clearing, tucked in trousers, waterproofs over the top! also i found a couple in insoles per boot made them more bearable. looking into some gortex boots for next year though :thumbup1:

Having to work on the Somerset levels and most of the time it's wet! I wear front protection chainsaw trousers and they tuck nicely inside of the boot. Leather boots are the best but you can't always wear them down here.

Any brands recommendations?

The ones I tried were oregon yukon was thinking maybe others might have more room for my fat legs :001_rolleyes:

After wearing a husky pair for a few weeks a few years ago I was pretty adamant I would never wear another pair of saw wellies, but was recommended the Stihl ones and they have been really not bad to wear at all. Yes they still get sweaty, but I'd rather that than wet feet/trousers. This pair's on it's second winter now, probably be due a fresh pair for next year as they split eventually.

When working in mud or water i had chainsaw trousers and boots on with waterproofs over them and got a roll of duct tape and taped the waterproofs tight around my boots and then i could go any depth of water and not get wet feet/chainsaw trousers muddy or any saw dust down there :D