New trailer, but...

dogman

Last week i collected a paxton trailer, the caged 7 x 5 one, wanted the 8 x 5, but just could'nt fit it in my garage.

Anyway its well made & i'm happy with it, but..my treebusta, is just a couple of inches to long to fit width ways in it. i had hoped to have it width ways, then just chip into the trailer.

So any thought as to what i can do ?. i'm thinking of cutting a section of the mesh out, so the "nose" of the chipper will fit through, but any ideas are welcome.

Regards,

Rob

As you all probably know, the treebusta ejects out the side, so until i think it through, i'm going to build a platform so i can stand the chipper on the floor at the rear of the trailer, with the discharge port higher than the trailer bed, then shoot straight in to the trailer.

Rob

I have the same size 'Countryman' trailer.

They are good for light use, regularly fill it to the top with wood chip but only half fill it with logs or you will probably kill the springs like I did once!

Depending on what you are towing it with could you build a platform on the A frame of the tow bar? Whilst the nose weight would increase i wouldnt think a treebuster is very heavy??

There is a thread on here about mounting a chipper on the trailer, the back is preferable place but if the total weight evens out once you fill it with chip then the front might not be a bad option when applied on a small scale?

I have the same size 'Countryman' trailer.

They are good for light use, regularly fill it to the top with wood chip but only half fill it with logs or you will probably kill the springs like I did once!

Depending on what you are towing it with could you build a platform on the A frame of the tow bar? Whilst the nose weight would increase i wouldnt think a treebuster is very heavy??

There is a thread on here about mounting a chipper on the trailer, the back is preferable place but if the total weight evens out once you fill it with chip then the front might not be a bad option when applied on a small scale?

The chip will be a lot heavier than logs btw.

I've been interested in one of these but I just couldn't find and reviews on them so I just didn't bother. Are they well built and how easy is it to tip without any tipping gear attached??

Thanks for the input folks. The treebusta weighs in i think at 200kilos.

Not thought about having it on the towbar, & not sure how i'd get it up there !. I have a toyota hiace, not the most powerful beast to tow with.

Its not a tipper trailer, while i think the quality is good, i have'nt looked at an IW, but i would suspect the IW is of a more durable quality.

I was using the chipper yesterday, & had it in the rear of the trailer, but at an angle, which was bit of a pain, as i had to keep clearing away the chip from the discharge chute, i'll keep thinking & experimenting.

Rob

I made a frame yesterday, that means i can have the chipper on the floor at the rear of the trailer, but it raises it up high enough to allow it to discharge straight into the trailer.

I would prefer to have it in the trailer, but don't want to alter the trailer until i've tried (& failed !)with other options.

Rob