Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Large equipment Discuss wood chippers, stump grinders, and other arb equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-06-12   #1 (permalink)

After my first chipper..!!

Hi All,
ive started a few threads about small chippers etc. I do really need to get myself a small chipper now, FED UP OF JUMPING DOWN BRASH WITH THE VAN AND TRAILERso before i bite the bullet and get a new GTM/cs100/1375g or whichever i choose (would like the 18100g) i thought i would ask if any of you had a small chipper you didnt use, or one thats has been taken out of use because you have upgraded. im not being tight but if anyone has a second hand chipper smallish and they want a better price than px, please PM me or phone josh on 07792906258, THANKS
Old 22-06-12   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Re: After my first chipper..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoon View Post
Hi All,
ive started a few threads about small chippers etc. I do really need to get myself a small chipper now, FED UP OF JUMPING DOWN BRASH WITH THE VAN AND TRAILERso before i bite the bullet and get a new GTM/cs100/1375g or whichever i choose (would like the 18100g) i thought i would ask if any of you had a small chipper you didnt use, or one thats has been taken out of use because you have upgraded. im not being tight but if anyone has a second hand chipper smallish and they want a better price than px, please PM me or phone josh on 07792906258, THANKS
Best advice i would give if you want a small chipper get a timberwolf 125 brand new on finance i put down the least i could as deposit my monthly payments are 210 all in each month for 5 yrs but think it only has to go twice a month to pay for that and you have a brand new machine which after 5 yrs will still be worth over half what you bought it for!!!
Old 22-06-12   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcricket01 View Post
Best advice i would give if you want a small chipper get a timberwolf 125 brand new on finance i put down the least i could as deposit my monthly payments are 210 all in each month for 5 yrs but think it only has to go twice a month to pay for that and you have a brand new machine which after 5 yrs will still be worth over half what you bought it for!!!
its true, but getting a chipper as big as that would mean changing my van to a 4x4 pickup or tranny/iveco/mitsi tipper etc. but ill see what timberwolf say about it!! thanks
Old 22-06-12   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2009

look on arbtrader
Old 22-06-12   #5 (permalink)
Supporting member, Raffle Sponsor 2012

Quote:
Thats not bad is it! A bigger deposit would lower the monthly payments wouldn't it.

I don't like stuff on finance tbh but thats not at all bad
Old 22-06-12   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinny View Post
Thats not bad is it! A bigger deposit would lower the monthly payments wouldn't it.

yh me neither i dont like the idea of someone else owning your chipper, just gunna keep my eyes open!!
Old 22-06-12   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinny View Post

Well they sell for 11grand new atm my mate a few months back layed down 4grand he pays 120 a month for his its surprising how affordable new kit can be
Old 22-06-12   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
how much is tw 125 after 5 years it would be 12600 plus deposit sounds alot to me
Old 22-06-12   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree monkey View Post
how much is tw 125 after 5 years it would be 12600 plus deposit sounds alot to me
Deposit is min 10% of machines value 11grand so 1100 is min put down what i did then you finance 9900 over 5 yrs or pay lump sums as and when to lower the monthly payments but 1600 extra isnt alot based over 5yrs

Last edited by testcricket01; 22-06-12 at 06:59 PM..
Old 22-06-12   #10 (permalink)

still better to buy a secondhand one for 4k ish and own it outright then your not working for monthly payments = less stress on your work load imo