Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


Large equipment Discuss wood chippers, stump grinders, and other arb equipment.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-12   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
It cost me 460 to convert but worth every penny, they can be changed in seconds and they cut so much better than rayco super teeth. When I got the grinder it had rayco super teeth on it, they and I didn't rate them, I even bought a brand new set and I wasn't impressed, then I put the multi tip on and was blown away at how well they cut. I have that set up stands me at 2k rather than the 9k I had tied up in my large Carlton.
Sorry, I have just checked my invoice and it was 394 inc vat and post. I then had to by new bearings.
Hodge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2013
 
Gray git's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond, North Yorkshire.
Posts: 2,207
Re: Small stump grinder set up

I have the same grinder with the super teeth in and have had no problems with them and finde them good to shrpen while still im the machine with a cordless grinder, keep them sharp all day and they cut fine.
__________________
Dyslexiarb:- the ability to cut trees not spell words!!

You can't chip quicker than a quadchip chipper
Gray git is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle sponsor 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
 
Kev Stephenson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Posts: 1,463
Re: Small stump grinder set up

Do you use diamond disk for sharpening? I take them off as I have 2 sets and use a green wheel on the bench grinder.
Kev Stephenson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Badgermert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northamptonshire
Posts: 143
Re: Small stump grinder set up

Has anybody put multi tip on a small Husqvarna SG13? not had much luck finding new original teeth.
Badgermert is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2013
 
Gray git's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond, North Yorkshire.
Posts: 2,207
Re: Small stump grinder set up

yes works a treet out on site and can get around 5 full set sharpens to a charge on the grinder. I did use the inserter teeth for a while on a 252 for a while and found them very hard to sharpen so didnot like them but when new they were good....
Would never put finger stile teeth in a grinder ever again after having one fly out while working and tap on a front door at the opposite side of the street.
Hodge do you finde the handbrake sticks on so you have to bend down and get a face full of exaust gas every time you want to role forward?
__________________
Dyslexiarb:- the ability to cut trees not spell words!!

You can't chip quicker than a quadchip chipper
Gray git is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgermert View Post
Has anybody put multi tip on a small Husqvarna SG13? not had much luck finding new original teeth.
Give mark a call and he will be able to help07766 056148
Hodge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wokingham
Posts: 2,042
Re: Small stump grinder set up

have to disagree, had a stump grinder (rayco) and swapped it from super teeth to the multi tip, didnt get along with it, kept wearing the drive belt out, ? apparrently very good on the predators, as it was made for this machine, also found the teeth to be about 10 each, and all be it you just swap the two lead teeth, not great value for money,,,, just my feedback,,,
delabodge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray git View Post
yes works a treet out on site and can get around 5 full set sharpens to a charge on the grinder. I did use the inserter teeth for a while on a 252 for a while and found them very hard to sharpen so didnot like them but when new they were good....
Would never put finger stile teeth in a grinder ever again after having one fly out while working and tap on a front door at the opposite side of the street.
Hodge do you finde the handbrake sticks on so you have to bend down and get a face full of exaust gas every time you want to role forward?
No mate, I keep it lubed and working, I do know what you mean though as my old Carlton 900h did that. I have a brand new set of rayco super teeth for sale if you red any and 2 other sets.
Hodge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,117

Quote:
Originally Posted by delabodge View Post
have to disagree, had a stump grinder (rayco) and swapped it from super teeth to the multi tip, didnt get along with it, kept wearing the drive belt out, ? apparrently very good on the predators, as it was made for this machine, also found the teeth to be about 10 each, and all be it you just swap the two lead teeth, not great value for money,,,, just my feedback,,,
I have had no problems with the belt mate, and I find the teeth don't break like finger teeth and they seem to wear better, also they cut loads better. IMO
Hodge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2013
 
Gray git's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond, North Yorkshire.
Posts: 2,207
Re: Small stump grinder set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
No mate, I keep it lubed and working,
__________________
Dyslexiarb:- the ability to cut trees not spell words!!

You can't chip quicker than a quadchip chipper
Gray git is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
which small stump grinder ? bythamboy Large equipment 7 25-02-12 08:47 AM
Does any one have a BIG stump grinder for a redwood stump in Guildford, Surrey Rhystree General chat 18 16-11-11 11:17 PM
WANTED Small Stump Grinder kris turner Trading Place 6 04-03-11 08:22 PM
Small Stump Grinder paullen Large equipment 24 07-08-10 10:34 PM
small stump job!!!!! gingertreeninja Picture Forum 12 09-12-09 11:37 PM


Find tree care advice
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0