Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Large equipment Discuss wood chippers, stump grinders, and other arb equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-12   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
It cost me 460 to convert but worth every penny, they can be changed in seconds and they cut so much better than rayco super teeth. When I got the grinder it had rayco super teeth on it, they and I didn't rate them, I even bought a brand new set and I wasn't impressed, then I put the multi tip on and was blown away at how well they cut. I have that set up stands me at 2k rather than the 9k I had tied up in my large Carlton.
Sorry, I have just checked my invoice and it was 394 inc vat and post. I then had to by new bearings.
Old 14-06-12   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2013

Re: Small stump grinder set up

I have the same grinder with the super teeth in and have had no problems with them and finde them good to shrpen while still im the machine with a cordless grinder, keep them sharp all day and they cut fine.

You can't chip quicker than a quadchip chipper
Old 14-06-12   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle sponsor 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Do you use diamond disk for sharpening? I take them off as I have 2 sets and use a green wheel on the bench grinder.
Old 14-06-12   #14 (permalink)

Has anybody put multi tip on a small Husqvarna SG13? not had much luck finding new original teeth.
Old 14-06-12   #15 (permalink)

yes works a treet out on site and can get around 5 full set sharpens to a charge on the grinder. I did use the inserter teeth for a while on a 252 for a while and found them very hard to sharpen so didnot like them but when new they were good....
Would never put finger stile teeth in a grinder ever again after having one fly out while working and tap on a front door at the opposite side of the street.
Hodge do you finde the handbrake sticks on so you have to bend down and get a face full of exaust gas every time you want to role forward?

Old 14-06-12   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgermert View Post
Has anybody put multi tip on a small Husqvarna SG13? not had much luck finding new original teeth.
Give mark a call and he will be able to help07766 056148
Old 14-06-12   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

have to disagree, had a stump grinder (rayco) and swapped it from super teeth to the multi tip, didnt get along with it, kept wearing the drive belt out, ? apparrently very good on the predators, as it was made for this machine, also found the teeth to be about 10 each, and all be it you just swap the two lead teeth, not great value for money,,,, just my feedback,,,
Old 14-06-12   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray git View Post
yes works a treet out on site and can get around 5 full set sharpens to a charge on the grinder. I did use the inserter teeth for a while on a 252 for a while and found them very hard to sharpen so didnot like them but when new they were good....
Would never put finger stile teeth in a grinder ever again after having one fly out while working and tap on a front door at the opposite side of the street.
Hodge do you finde the handbrake sticks on so you have to bend down and get a face full of exaust gas every time you want to role forward?
No mate, I keep it lubed and working, I do know what you mean though as my old Carlton 900h did that. I have a brand new set of rayco super teeth for sale if you red any and 2 other sets.
Old 14-06-12   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by delabodge View Post
have to disagree, had a stump grinder (rayco) and swapped it from super teeth to the multi tip, didnt get along with it, kept wearing the drive belt out, ? apparrently very good on the predators, as it was made for this machine, also found the teeth to be about 10 each, and all be it you just swap the two lead teeth, not great value for money,,,, just my feedback,,,
I have had no problems with the belt mate, and I find the teeth don't break like finger teeth and they seem to wear better, also they cut loads better. IMO
Old 14-06-12   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
No mate, I keep it lubed and working,