Vermeer BC 1000 XL review

12Chipper1.jpg

12Chipper2.jpg

Evening all,

Just got back home after a long day lifting enormous trees to be fed into the Vermeer BC 1000 XP!!

The only thing that was holding the job up was our physical strength.

I had this chipper as a demo from the new Vermeer bloke up here in Northumberland. Cheers Steve!

Ok here for the good bits, was it any good...?

Good Bits :biggrin:

We were feeding 15" logs into this monster and it was spitting them out like my timberwolf goes through 7" soft wood! WOW!

Its weight was 2200kg which was the absolute maximum towing capacity for my Hi-lux, so that was a good thing, it towed really well but if im honest my Hi-lux did have to drop down into second gear for some hills.

We had this off-road on the banks of the river Tyne and the Hi-lux pulled it with no problems although getting back out was a different story, but after 4 attempts up a muddy incline, in low 4wd with a run up we got out.

The chipping speed and productivity time was frightening, like nothing ive ever seen.

If we did jobs of this scale 5 days a week id buy one!

Bad Bits :sneaky2:

The only way anyone could keep up with this machine is if it was crane fed, but then you wouldnt have a 12" road tow Vermeer chipper would you?

Chipping branchwood was painful. It was for ever stopping and having to be set away again using a bloody button which was around the side of the machine, and thats a long way on a machine of this size, not very practical in my eyes.

When chipping large pieces of 10" and above it was forever jumping out of gear making the revs drop, this was also a bloody pain in the you know where!

£30,000 or there abouts including VAT NEW

Bloody ugly machine as well dont you think?

Conclusion :confused1:

Would I buy one........ erm No.

Edited by chrisgilltreesurgery

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont get me wrong, i'm not looking for a beautiful chipper, but at the same time im not wanting one that reminds me of Kryten off Red Dwarf!!!

Sorry for the delay, just been on 'tube' to see who the heck Kryten is (was).. yep I see the likeness.

No, when you get up in the morning and look across, it as to easy on the eye!

Steve