Making a large pallet wood store

treedom

Here's the plan:

Build a storage space for drying my split logs.

I have access to loads of pallets for free. Anyone had any experience of pallet based construction?

I thought I'd strengthen it at the corners with 4*4.

Id like it to store 4m3 at least.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

biggest problem is pallets on the ground- they help airflow but can be an ankle twister when you are treading in there

Pallets and my ankles are good friends. The unchopped wood is there. Dont have a building in my yard so palletts are the free alternative!

[ATTACH]91361[/ATTACHAll pallet wood bar the roof, it's a single 8'x4' of osb I got given. It holds about 3.5 m3. I do have access to some very big pallets though...

Ps putting it just beside the door has made it a stuff-magnet. The postie leaves parcels in it etc.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335515890.578209.jpg.bc25406a2f3aedc560675bccc4b8fc1a.jpg

I started to make one but on a larger scale. It works ok for smaller things but I've given up on it for mine and now just have some large pallets down for the floor raised up on bricks and I'm building it out of timber frames properly as I was struggling with the stability!

This link may or may not help you, I found it good for ideas.

Building a Wood Shed from recycled wooden pallets

Lots of different types of sheds and shelters have been made out of pallets in that link if you scroll down the page.