89 members have voted

1. 1. Schliesing Vs Timberwolf

• Schliesing
    • Timberwolf

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wolf....cheaper and from what ive used (thats both)more productive when put side by side only problem is after 6 years heavy use your carrying them out the garden in a wheel barrow of bits as they fall apart,cant fault premier on there build quality though but if i was running a big crew cheapness and productivity would be my main consern so for your average domestic work it would be the wolf....i

How is the TW more productive than a schliesing? I assume we are comparing a 190 vs a 220mx, or a 250 vs a 460mx.There both disk chippers that cut at 90 degrees with Kubota diesel engines. One favours a lightweight flywheel at high RPM, the other a heavy flywheel turning slower.

It used to be that a TW was far cheaper, but I believe the price difference is not so much these days...

If I had to choose, I would buy a schliesing for its heavy duty build quality, longevity, and better resale value.

I'd consider the options - and then buy a GreenMech. Having ran two of them for a while, I can confirm that the are better value for money than a Schiesing and they defoe last longer than the average TW. Ya Boo Sucks!!!

Think I might be a bit biased. But I do have a very good indepth knowledge of both.

1 = Schliesing. Productivity on a 200MX vs TW150 is far greater. The wood may seem slower going through the machine (remember the internals on the 200MX only have to turn at half the speed of the TW150 to make the same ammount of full cuts) but the work required to prepare the wood for chipping is far less. The opening on the 200MX 240mm (9.5") wide x 165mm (6.5") high and the feed rollers operate at 210 bar (TW150 = 150 bar). On hawthorn / conifer etc we have done tests to show the 200MX can be up to 50% quicker. OK the TW will be quicker on a 6" piece of cordwood (due to the small rotor spinning very fast and quick no- stress) but who chips that all day long. With a machine that has a big heavy duty flywheel it is not possible to have a very fast reacting no-stress because it takes longer to get the rotor spinning again.

This principal is the same throughout the range. If only others would partake in an official independent head to head test we could make our findings official.

TW - Love Them. they can build as many as they like. Keeps our workshops busy!!!!!!

i think it all depends on what you intend using it for and how long you plan to keep it we have a tw 150 new only gets 2 days max a week price diference obviosly mattered and i am up north with three timberwolf dealers within a hours drive against 5hrs to suffolk