Stihl ms201

coleman

Having used a stihl ms 201 for 3 months i have reverted back to a ms200 and find my job a lot easier!!

The ms201 has the same power of an un-professional hobby saw and even with a brand new chain on, it has trouble cutting through 4/5 inch diameter wood!!!!

God only knows what it would be like with a 14" bar!!!!:confused1:

anyone else use one???

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm, I've been using a 201T since june and I love it!. Got shot of the new stihl chain...didn't like sharpening it in the field. I've got oregon 91 on a 14" bar and its a blinding saw...in fact, I'm using a 357 a lot less on big takedowns. Had to give it a wee tune up after it was run in, now I'm very pleased with it.

hmmm, I've been using a 201T since june and I love it!. Got shot of the new stihl chain...didn't like sharpening it in the field. I've got oregon 91 on a 14" bar and its a blinding saw...in fact, I'm using a 357 a lot less on big takedowns. Had to give it a wee tune up after it was run in, now I'm very pleased with it.

Glad someone's happy, I'am just going to buy a top handle shortly and was beginning to wonder what to do.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

Having used a stihl ms 201 for 3 months i have reverted back to a ms200 and find my job a lot easier!!

The ms201 has the same power of an un-professional hobby saw and even with a brand new chain on, it has trouble cutting through 4/5 inch diameter wood!!!!

God only knows what it would be like with a 14" bar!!!!:confused1:

anyone else use one???

I'm afraid there's something wrong with your saw, or you're a liar, simple!:001_tt2: I've been using my 201 every day since pretty much when they were released and i'll never choose a 200t over a 201t. They produce better power and last much longer between refills, also the chain brake is far more robust among other things. The 201t is a brilliant saw and deffinatley progress:thumbup1: