The Wee Chipper Club Prospect -Will I make it as a member?

Xerxses

Greenmech CS 100 18Hp Electricstart.

As a Hangaround I finally took the plunge and got in contact with the swedish Greenmech rep. and he was kind enough to loan me their demo machine for a few days. (Seems Greenmech do choose their dealers with care...)

I must say my expectations were high, but little Glorias cousin really chuffed me!

I managed to chip the equivalent of 2 trailers full of brash, and spread the mulch in the same time it would have taken me to go to the yard unloading ONE trailer. I think i´m onto a winner!:thumbup:

BUT!

You guys (and/or gals) who owns one....:sneaky2:

Hows the little bugger holding up?

Any breakages, excessive wear, funny noices or crash-and-bangs?:001_rolleyes:

Anyone owned it for long enough to give a full rewiew?

As in the other thread, it's well built and so far since owning it from early march my only issue with maintaining it is that the bolts underneath are blooming awkward to undo!

the main issue with using it on a trailer is that there are no decent tie down points so you have to improvise, i use an ifor williams p7 trailer which os only small, i strap it round the chute to the front of the trailer and have the feed hopper open and strap it through the handle at the back, ive found that is the best way for me to keep it from moving around too much

As in the other thread, it's well built and so far since owning it from early march my only issue with maintaining it is that the bolts underneath are blooming awkward to undo!

the main issue with using it on a trailer is that there are no decent tie down points so you have to improvise, i use an ifor williams p7 trailer which os only small, i strap it round the chute to the front of the trailer and have the feed hopper open and strap it through the handle at the back, ive found that is the best way for me to keep it from moving around too much

Yeah I did the "mock service" thing yesterday as it was raining, got the whole casette off and had a look.... I'm lucky cause I have a fully kitted service area with a hydralic lifting table so in that sence working height isnt an issue. I would weld the bolt to the casette though to make screwing on and off easier.

I would also bolt/weld on two more tie in points for securing it to a trailer. Im thinking weather I should get the dedicated trailer or not. One idea I'm toying with is to load it sideways on the trailer and use a couple of wheliebins for chip. It would make it easy to unload... What u reckon?

Whats your system?

I have a pickup with a chip box and I leave the chipper strapped onto the trailer so then it doesn't move around when being used, the straps don't interfere with the use of it, normally I take the back one off so you can stand next to the chipper in the trailer for easy feeding and operation. I'll have to take a picture to show you, im looking for pedestrian roller trailers that I can adapt for the chipper, which should be easy enough and I've seen it done. The little trailer is good for now as it will still fit tools and even logs in, with the chipper in it leaves me with 250kg spare payload in the trailer.

The welding of tie down points would be a good idea

Today is glorias 2 nd birthday, she is as good as new :)

Happy Birthday Gloria!

Any troubles or hints you would like to share?

Leaky dipers or squeaky screams?:sneaky2:

How often do put her to work and for what? Still got one for bigger stuff?

My one would be used for arisings from formative pruning, the odd small tree and thinning, saplings and stuff -bigger stuff would go with lorry and crane and then forestchipper...

(And yes I have read ALL previous posts about Gloria, Glenda, their siblings, cousins and their foreign relative JoBo...:sneaky2::001_rolleyes:)

I have a pickup with a chip box and I leave the chipper strapped onto the trailer so then it doesn't move around when being used, the straps don't interfere with the use of it, normally I take the back one off so you can stand next to the chipper in the trailer for easy feeding and operation. I'll have to take a picture to show you, im looking for pedestrian roller trailers that I can adapt for the chipper, which should be easy enough and I've seen it done. The little trailer is good for now as it will still fit tools and even logs in, with the chipper in it leaves me with 250kg spare payload in the trailer.

The welding of tie down points would be a good idea

Pics are always good!:thumbup1: Thanks Rob.