3pt linkage chipper & trailer towing

clueless

Hello guys

has anyone got any pictures or info on things that they have welded up to enable having a 3pt linkage chipper and tow a trailer?

i am looking at either knocking a frame up or getting hold of a hydraulic hitch like off of a JCB loadall and mounting this on the front weight frame (or at least making a frame for it and mounting on the bolt holes on the side of the chassis)

i dont need anything 'road legal' just enough to whip around our woods without having to drop the chipper off everytime i want to move the trailer to tip the chip.

i've not got a chipper yet but can see this as the main stumbling block to getting one.

cheers

:thumbup:

the gp at work has a hitch fitted right out the back either that or get the pickup hitch (some are specifically desighned to bolt on to a flat surface rather than a particular machine ) or fit an extension to your trailer draw bar

Hi clueless,

Seen a tailer and chipper combo on ebay last week, I think. Not a 3pt linkage but a large tipping trailer with extended draw barr where a large chipper was fixed.

I didn't look to carefully but I imagine the chipper ran from PTO. Thought it was good idea. Will look at ebay again and see if its still there.

i've not got a chipper yet but can see this as the main stumbling block to getting one.

cheers

:thumbup:

Have a look for a chipper that feeds at an angle to the tractor like the older Ganadini's then put a drawbar hitch on the back of the chipper and hang a silage trailer behind it.

Andy

we just run drawbar under chipper then put chipper down although we have a long drawbar and a turntable chipper

It holds plenty chip:thumbup: and is fairly versatile

I would worry about breaking pins if towing off the chipper

we have broken a few until we upgraded and changed design but to tow such a trailer off chipper would be asking for problems IMO

597656489a16c_04032008127(2).jpg.1774b07541a4c8d8613dfa3bc3634f40.jpg

fair length on that drawbar!

i was thinking that a 3pt link frame could be made to mount the chipper on and then the frame has a hitch on the back, i.e. so no stress is on the actual chipper.

i dont want to do anything that involves lengthening drawbars as the trailers would need to be used normally also.

cheers

fair length on that drawbar!

i dont want to do anything that involves lengthening drawbars as the trailers would need to be used normally also.

iv seen it done with simple box section that slides over the existing drawbar and you just drop a pin in threw the hole on the existing drawbar to fix the longer drawbar in place

hope this makes sence :001_smile:

Hi, we have a 3 point link kiwk chip turntable chipper with pin hitch on the back works well, also means you don't have to ajust your trailer, and you can feed from both sides. Farmi do a pto chipper with angle feed aswell. Hope this helps

the chipper at work has the system you sugest

it has a big box section frame side fead and a pin type hitch

i thought the guys said it was gp but can't find anything on the web could be junkari as i am slightly deaf