Which tracked chipper ?

christreeroot

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dislike people being critical, unless you have had actual direct experiance with a machine. Likewise, I dont like people who say that machine blah blah is the best in the world, with having used any others.

What size machine are you looking for?

I dislike people being critical, unless you have had actual direct experiance with a machine. Likewise, I dont like people who say that machine blah blah is the best in the world, with having used any others.

What size machine are you looking for?

I am looking at 6" but am tempted to go a bit bigger..

what you say above is true you cant compare unless you have used all options..

Fountains use jensen because of the arrangement they have with the dealer.

The 6" jensen is an ok machine, little bit overcomplicated for my liking. One of them I have used had a very silly arrangement for the return spring on the feed rollers whereby it was attached via a cable that took a 90 degree turn round a roller. It needed greasing every day and still wore out in no time.

The infeed rollers are a bit too small, especially if you are chipping thorn or any kind of hedging.

Are you buying brand new or secondhand?

We have a 8" tracked Jensen at work its very good, has variable track width and has a swing away/take off hopper goes through a very narrow gap. Down side is its a heavy lump to drag about but then I feel that kinda says well built.

We have hired in the Timberwolf tracked 150 VTR found it to be a good machine with variable tracks but in my opinion doesn't carry the best of build quality but its a reasonable price and its a nice weight to be towing about, seems to benefit from the Kiss theory.

We have also had this week the Timberwolf 190 tracked machine, I'm not keen on this one as it isn't variable track width, the hopper is a lot hire than that of the Jensen and the build quality is less but oviously thats reflected in its purchase price!

I think we will get each to demo, i like it when people work to sell you something, my list of niggles are: hopper size, hopper height, in feed rollers - infact the list is endless, i will just give each ago seems the best way to probably decide which is best for us and the work we do.

I do like the look and feel of the jensens, but we currently run a timberwolf 190dh which i really like, i have heard alot of good things recently about the greenmechs but they seem to be a twiglet product (love or hate)

What are peoples experiences with servicing and in field service... this would be a major selling point for me as i cant stand it when people sell you something and then dont care about afterservice etc...