Registering as an agricultural vehicle

shaggy

I have been toying with the idea of buying a Bedford mj or similar and Registering it as an agricultural vehicle. I went to look at one today with an Atlas crane and three way tipping body which is not yet Registering as an agricultural vehicle. Does any body know how easy this is to do? Does it need an MOT to initially register it?

Sure is. Would have been a good buy at the right money if it had been already agriculturally registered. The engine is a bit tired and I am pretty sure it’s got head gasket problems. Any info on getting vehicles agriculturally registered would be much appreciated though as I am still slightly tempted

if the engine is tired, think realy hard as there not the easyest engine to work on and parts can be a problem.

Have mine as agr reg, had a guy come round to inspect it, form vosa, as i wanted it as 'special vehicle' (lifted the body off) said it was a crane fead pto timber processor! he siad thats not special its agr,ok i said!!!!!!!!!!