Anti Pikie System Update

Dean Lofthouse

First photo is the damage they did to one container last time by attaching a chain to the bars and pulling them off, then hooking chain under door and bending it out.

Second photo is first stage of anti pikie devise, sit container on rubber pads.

Third photo is second stage, buy a 10,000 volt electric fence energiser. I was told it may not work because of the Mass of the container. So, just to be fair, I will hook it up tomorrow and try it myself, when I come out of hospital, I will give you an update. :proud:

....and if anyone asks, it's to stop them damb foxes pissing on my container, it stinks! :icon14:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would try attaching the fencer mainly to the highlighted points (if you can get at the back of the bolts) as this will be the first thing they will try! i think the whole container may be to large, and may result in the battery running flat if its constantly earthing onto blades of grass touching it etc

5976532a991c3_pikeytrap.jpg.11b3c46a810a3c8c87c26ff2f7b5f682.jpg

i think the whole container may be to large, and may result in the battery running flat if its constantly earthing onto blades of grass touching it etc

I'll try your suggestion first Charlieh, it makes sense.

If it does give me a decent belt and not a tickle, I'll invest in one of those 6 watt solar panel chargers, should keep the battery something like and might add a bit of poke to the shock.