Best Chipper

Mr Ed

This is always a sensitive subject -

What do you think is the best chipper on the market today? and Give GOOD reason - no point in saying 'brand X is best cause I like it'

Why do you think a given model is the best?

I'm mostly talking about hand fed Arb chippers, not Biomass chipping behemoths.:D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the option to hire in a BC1000 which I have done a couple of times now for site clearances. Amazing throughput in my limited experience but for me too big to use as a tow behind with a 3.5tonner as the bugger was full in less than 20 minutes.

I personally still can't find fault with the yr 2000 entec I bought earler this year. Even though it is the petrol version it seems much happier than the diesel greenmech I was using for a while before it which seemed to block up at least once a day even of dry woody stuff.

Jenson, we went to a large chipper demo last year which had many of the suppliers there, the jensen seemed to have the best build quality, We now have a 9" tracked Jensen and its awsome, easy to maintain eats timber like its going out a fashion and can track anywhere,

not used all that many different makes of chippers but i like the infeed on the jensens but cant stand the control bar i much prefer the buttons on my timberwolf. i'd like to try more chippers but most people round here just have timberwolfs. saying that im using an old schlising (sp) 10" turntable chipper 3 days this week on buzz's old tractor which will be a nice change.

Thats funny you should say that about the Bar JP. most people prefer the bar over buttons.

I reckon the Jensen has the best build and finish of all the chippers, But I hate the poxy meshing cast rollers, and the silly gearbox with 1 drive motor.