Looking for genuine opinions and suggestions for chipper upgrade

Coletti

I'll hopefuly be looking to upgrade chipper in the not too distant future but unsure what to get. My budget points towards a second hand chipper. I have used a timberwolf 150 quite a bit and haven't been all that impressed to be honest so had considered the gm 15-23 instead but haven't used one of them so not sure what it's like however from experience the wider in feed works much better. I'm basically looking for people's opinions and most importantly if there are any known faults with any that I should know about.

I'll be upgrading from a jobeau m500 and to be fair it's been a good chipper but not without its problems which is what really worries me about buying second hand. I know the m500 inside and out and have had to repair quite a bit but it's been relatively cheap however repairs on something larger aren't going to be so cheap.

Thanks in advance

George

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app

George, all I will say regarding the Greenmech 15-23 is to avoid the 34hp diesel as it's a Briggs/Daihatsu engine and the engines are now obsolete and very scarce should you ever need a replacement....

Sent from my C5303 using Arbtalk mobile app

That's handy to know as I have just seen one with a 34hp turbo. I'm quite mechanically minded. Although one would hope I would never need to, I can do repairs my self if there's parts available. Realistically my gut is telling me to go tw 150. Not really a fan but they are easy to maintain and parts are readily available should something go wrong, just wondered if there was anything else out there for similar money to a decent second hand 150 that I should be considering?

I'd put a lump and down and go for a 230 on finance.

Sorry Tom!

I'd love to and to be fair idea get a 230 if I thought it feasible due to the reviews I've heard but not long since bought my first hose so still settling into all the payments and feel the extra on finance may be a little too much just st the moment