Jensen a530t engine mounts/ engine position/ belt tension

swinny

Im just wondering what is there that holds the engine in place so im not missing anything on the jensen a530t...

There are two legs out of the chassis and bolts that the engine pivots on... then at the other side an adjuster that drops the engine to increase belt tension.

The problem i have is that when i look at the chipper from the front through the radiator grill the engine is slumped down by a good inch at the front left corner...

Ive recently had the radiator re cored as the fold down grills have rubbed on thw rad core due to the engine being slumped down and things not lining up....

Anyone ever had this?

P.s any spelling issues etc is down to this crappy i phone and fat fingers!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right... interesting.

It was just when i had flywheel bearings done the other year they said something needed sorting to do with this and cant remember what it was lol.

Do the flywheel belts stretch much? Might be worth fitting new belts and re tensioning seeing if this makes much difference

Im just wondering what is there that holds the engine in place so im not missing anything on the jensen a530t...

There are two legs out of the chassis and bolts that the engine pivots on... then at the other side an adjuster that drops the engine to increase belt tension.

The problem i have is that when i look at the chipper from the front through the radiator grill the engine is slumped down by a good inch at the front left corner...

Ive recently had the radiator re cored as the fold down grills have rubbed on thw rad core due to the engine being slumped down and things not lining up....

Anyone ever had this?

P.s any spelling issues etc is down to this crappy i phone and fat fingers!!!

We have a tracked 530, this started to play up on stress management, was coming in constantly, thought electric but turned out an engine mount on its way out. Changed mount and back to like new