Yard machine? Best all rounder

swinny

What do people use in their yards for sorting out the logs, splitting, processing on processor. Shoving chip pile up. Lifting bags of logs etc?

To me its part tractor loader and part teleporter!

Teleporters are great and i use one with a decent bucket on that takes no time to shove chip pile up or load trailers / wagons etc

What are 4wd tractor loaders like?

Whats everyone use? Or do you have both?

Cheers

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've been using kramers for 20+ years. We're lucky because we share machines with our farm so we've got 2 kramers - a small 280 and a telescopic 750t, both brilliant machines. Not the best pictures but here they are.

Screenshot_20170316-203752.jpg.233b12e8f9fe24405c9813d1d3049eb5.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg.2b6076d5a00b20116ddfc572d9f5abf9.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg.72718c4e71c319a667981ff0c243acf7.jpg

If you have a reasonably solid yard would look at 2wd tractor. Got a 4wd compact but poor turning circle and 4wd can cut up the hardcore.

Allready have a 2wd loader tractor and ace for the logs etc but not enough puff for shoving into the wood chip. Gets really snotty up near woodchip pile! It may be better with some better rear boots on but not sure that will sort it?

Main thing for me would be 4wd and loader for use on site. Ideally 85-90hp.

If you have a reasonably solid yard would look at 2wd tractor. Got a 4wd compact but poor turning circle and 4wd can cut up the hardcore.

2wd drive is ok as long as you have a hefty rear counter weight, mostly for rear traction but also to lessen the stress off the front axle as they are not built as heavy duty as a 4wd front axle.

One thing i will say though is visibility on the 2wd tractor loader is poor! Cant see front of forks if going in to get an ibc from the floor. And poor for when leveling bucket to ground to goninto chip pile without picking up any crap.

Can more be seen from a 4wd tractor or same issue? Teleporters frwst just boom out to see forks :D

2wd drive is ok as long as you have a hefty rear counter weight, mostly for rear traction but also to lessen the stress off the front axle as they are not built as heavy duty as a 4wd front axle.

I have 2 big concrete blocks then a big heavy splitter on the back of mine but feels like it could still do with more weight! Bet theres 1100-1200kg on the back as it is

Old 2wd Wheeled digger? Rear back actor with a grab and 4in1 bucket on front, they push like a train too- mainly cos they weight so much. Plus hydraulics to power splinter...

Would like something to take to site also.

Want to get one decent machine that will do me for years