which tree shear

John Shutler

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just purchased a bucket warehouse shear that cuts 190mm for my 3t machine but sent it back as didn't look great. Now ordered a intermercato Tiger cut 200E with a bigger blade so will do a 250mm cut. Not used yet but there's videos on their site/you tube of it being used on 3t and a larger machine maybe 8t or so can't quite remember though, and approved hydraulics are very helpful.

I've just purchased a bucket warehouse shear that cuts 190mm for my 3t machine but sent it back as didn't look great. Now ordered a intermercato Tiger cut 200E with a bigger blade so will do a 250mm cut. Not used yet but there's videos on their site/you tube of it being used on 3t and a larger machine maybe 8t or so can't quite remember though, and approved hydraulics are very helpful.

Not sure I would go much bigger than 190mm on a three tonner Billy. With the tops in thats a fair bit of tree/leverage when you come to lay it down. I have modified a grab for a three tonner which works in the same planes but without the shear ,I have been using it for pulling 8" willow off of step cuts on some very steep banks and rowing it out prior to mulching. Thats had its moments and I am not sure a three tonner is up to much more.

Bob

Not sure I would go much bigger than 190mm on a three tonner Billy. With the tops in thats a fair bit of tree/leverage when you come to lay it down. I have modified a grab for a three tonner which works in the same planes but without the shear ,I have been using it for pulling 8" willow off of step cuts on some very steep banks and rowing it out prior to mulching. Thats had its moments and I am not sure a three tonner is up to much more.

Bob

Thanks, I'm aware it won't take much to topple it if cutting longer/heavier trees's, however I welcome the extra cut for getting around and bunching bulky unions/regrowth when re topping hedges, and getting horrible small stuff down right to ground level on site clearance type stuff to save getting amongst the bramble and blunting saws etc, would that be about right in your experience ?

Also, went for the tiger cut as it looked a better product with much better dealer back up than the other the fact it has a bigger cut is just a bonus, may be able to stick it on a larger hired machine at some point if the opportunity arises .

Edited by Billy

Thanks, I'm aware it won't take much to topple it if cutting longer/heavier trees's, however I welcome the extra cut for getting around and bunching bulky unions/regrowth when re topping hedges, and getting horrible small stuff down right to ground level on site clearance type stuff to save getting amongst the bramble and blunting saws etc, would that be about right in your experience ?

Also, went for the tiger cut as it looked a better product with much better dealer back up than the other the fact it has a bigger cut is just a bonus, may be able to stick it on a larger hired machine at some point if the opportunity arises .

I am warming to the idea Billy for all the same reasons, I was bunching/balling up bramble and gorse with it a while ago and thinking sod touching that :)

Bob