Npors vs Cpcs Excavator

roseyweb

I have a expired Cpcs 360 ticket. To renew it I would need to do a full day of classroom training. A practical test and naughty boys test as I didn't renew within the two years. All in all 2 days of my life and £1,400.

I really hate citbs mob like racket they run on constructions sites. It's even more annoying as I rarely get asked for my ticket as we are usually advanced works before the safety mob arrives.

I've been getting away with my expired ticket through a combination of charm and good looks but these are fading so I need to renew.

Npors will only cost me £400 odd quid and I can be tested at my own site. The card still has the cscs sticker on it, and the testers I spoke to seemed reasonable.

Has anybody done npors and had problems with getting on site and is it recognised by the Forestry commission?

I have a expired Cpcs 360 ticket. To renew it I would need to do a full day of classroom training. A practical test and naughty boys test as I didn't renew within the two years. All in all 2 days of my life and £1,400.

I really hate citbs mob like racket they run on constructions sites. It's even more annoying as I rarely get asked for my ticket as we are usually advanced works before the safety mob arrives.

I've been getting away with my expired ticket through a combination of charm and good looks but these are fading so I need to renew.

Npors will only cost me £400 odd quid and I can be tested at my own site. The card still has the cscs sticker on it, and the testers I spoke to seemed reasonable.

Has anybody done npors and had problems with getting on site and is it recognised by the Forestry commission?

Is FMOC any use? at least it does not expire.

Bob

Just renewed my npors tickets (loading shovel.hiab..360 ) which I did 10 years ago and renewed every 5 years without any issues.

They are now recognised and affiliated with cscs Construction skills certification Scheme so should be no problems with the forestry commission .

Ste

Edited by IVECOKID

NPORS is supposedly being recognised on a par with CPCS now , think it came in October 2016, ..

As far as FC sites are concerned it would be depend what the work was,..if it is something that has to be covered by FMOC they would require that.

Road building etc would be covered by construction industry certs.

Thats interesting, I think as I only had red CPCS thats why I have to do the big job renew with the NVQ

I never really thought about FMOC, i think that would be hard to wash on construction sites, would the FC not let me use Nport/CPCS for timber duties then?

If you read the NPORS site there is an update on it all,..a lot of the construction industry are askinf for either/or now where as before it was just CPCS, I do know people that use FMOC on constructin/road builds, as long as you have the cscs blue card .

FC are even insisting on FMOC for mounding/raking etc now. and all on site must have first aid +F