hourly rate for stump grinding.

flatyre

hey folks was doing a bit of stump grinding today with a Rayco RG13, hired it out for three separate jobs, split the cost over them and charged £20 an hour for my time. Wheel brake didn't work very well so instead of pivoting on it, it kept creeping forward and I had to stop and drag it back repeatedly. Hard to move when surrounded with mulch, just an awkward bugger. Sitting here stiff as a board and aching all over, £20 an hour?

tn_Stump%20Grinding%20David%20%20Liz%201_zpsyvkwi4sw.png

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd be better off finding someone like me nearby that charges by the hour!

I'd have probably done all 3 in a fraction of the time with a decent machine. Cost would be much less than your hire fee plus £20/hour. You get your day back and probably a bit of money in your pocket and you wouldn't be feeling as smashed up as you are right now!

SG

will do, my local hire store only have the Rayco, another store has a Toro STX26, great machine, but £160 a day and two hours round trip to pick it up!

Would it be 20 by time allowed on the job, fuel, pricing the job, travel? Lucky to be on a tenner all said and done. Buy a little machine and make money at a reasonable rate if gonna do stumps or sub them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app