Anyone used the new timberwolf 160?

Dan

Hi All,

Most of my work is small domestic arb work. I've been using a TW 150/25 for a few years now and it serves my needs very well. I'm thinking of getting a newer machine and the new TW160 seems to fit my needs.

Have any of you got one or used one? Can you give me any feedback or reviews please.

Many Thanks Dan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dan, I've just got one and I think it's great.

I've mainly used TW 150/25s as well. The 160 is definitely a step up from the 125, it chips as well as the 150, but weighs only 615kg.

It feeds faster than the 125 and throws chip really well. I've not tested it with wet conifer yet through...

I deliberated a long time about what chipper to buy. Initially I was looking at used/refurbished TW 150s. In the end I went with the 160 because it fit my needs. Small, affordable and reliable. So far it fits the bill, but it's early days, she's only got 5hrs on her!

It's costing me £210/month with a 2 year warranty from a local dealer.

Am I the only one!?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Arbtalk mobile app

Sounds good Matt.

I don't really need a bigger chipper, and its good to be able to push it about on tour own if needed.

A friend of mine has got the TW230 and its really good, but just seems so big and heavy compared with my chipper.

Lower purchase cost is good of course but what about cost of fuel? the diesel engines don't need much juice compare to my current chipper which has a 25hp kolher petrol engine.

It certainly is something to think about.

You can buy a second hand chipper (diesel) for 7-10k but you never know what your getting, where as these are only a smidge more for a new chipper plus the dreadded.

Ive used some tw125 and thought they are an ace little chipper and light weight to boot!

My only concern with one would be:

Are the flywheel bearings now greasable? What are the fins on flywheel made out of? Is it still a restrictive 6-6 opening?

Also worth a look at the gm130?