Compact tractor/pto chipper

Ty Korrigan

Hello,

Does any-one run a compact tractor with a loader/grab and a pto chipper?

I was thinking of another future set up as I 'may' be moving on from our current business.

4x4 pickup towing a large tipper trailer with tractor and chipper inside.

Obviously weight to be kept within the towing regulations.

Pickup could then double as my personal vehicle...perhaps.

OR you all say I'd be better off with the well tried and tested 3.5t tipper and small petrol roadtow?

I'm certainly not going back to a wee chipper!

Although an HB20 type grinder would be on the cards.

Ty

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read/hear what you say about the Ditch Witch-Beau Jo set up...

Really, I couldn't go back to a gravity fed chipper, it would be too much of a retro grade move to make and take years off my life feeding the chuffing thing.

Do you think it possible to have a 35 hp tractor-loader and pto chipper combo and keep the weight to 2500kg?

Bearing in mind the weight of a tipper being around 1000kg.

Ty

I have a 35 hp kioti and book weight is 1200kg; you'll need at least 12 ft to contain it with a chipper, but you might need weights on front which will rob space. Not really a problem if it's occasional usage; but if your doing a day a week or more; I'd suggest going tracked, you'll have more hp; and convenience.

The big Ifor tipper is 3.62m/12ft

I guess there is room for overhang...

Looking at the future JD2036 with it's quick attach loader system.

Although, the JD1026 which I currently run and will leave behind when I leave could run a CS100 pto machine if push comes to shove.

TY

I read/hear what you say about the Ditch Witch-Beau Jo set up...

Really, I couldn't go back to a gravity fed chipper, it would be too much of a retro grade move to make and take years off my life feeding the chuffing thing.

Do you think it possible to have a 35 hp tractor-loader and pto chipper combo and keep the weight to 2500kg?

Bearing in mind the weight of a tipper being around 1000kg.

Ty

i have a 30 hp iseki thats around 1 ton with big tyres less with agri or small turfs ad 250kg for loader gives resonable amount for chipper

I'm interested in where this thread goes as it is something I've often toyed with. If you can get the weight right I don't think there is any problem with making it fit into a 12' Ifor tipper (as you say, you need to do the whole tractor/chipper set up at a max of 2.5 tonnes to be legal). A front loader with check valves won't take up any room on the trailer as you could tow with it up in the air and have the tractor's nose right against the headboard, and the chipper could hang over the tailboard a bit if necessary (as long as your nose weight is positive once loaded).

I know Greenmech used to do a 6 inch PTO machine (probably still do) that mounted sideways to reduce the overall length (and subsequent leverage on the back of the tractor). If you could get a modern 6'' machine (quadchip/Arborist 150/TW230etc) as a sideways mounted PTO machine on a 35hp plus front loader compact tractor on turf tyres you'd have a great set up! Now then, what is it all going to weigh?!

I know Greenmech used to do a 6 inch PTO machine (probably still do) that mounted sideways to reduce the overall length (and subsequent leverage on the back of the tractor). If you could get a modern 6'' machine (quadchip/Arborist 150/TW230etc) as a sideways mounted PTO machine on a 35hp plus front loader compact tractor on turf tyres you'd have a great set up! Now then, what is it all going to weigh?!

AH! I was wondering why some chippers where mounted sideways on, now I know!

The G.M has a set of 4 ugly propstands though.

I'd prefer a mod where the chipper has it's own wheels like the G.M CS100 pto machine.

400kg for the GM 6" pto chipper...

At 35hp tractor may only have 30 at the pto but hey...

Ty