New chippers...

swinny

Whilst looking at chippers ive noticed some of the leading brands are sticking petrol engines in the chippers that used to run diesels... eg jensen a530 forst st6

Not for weight but for emissions... and that at some point the diesel chippers will be fitted with dpf filters etc

Anyone else noticed? What you think?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst looking at chippers ive noticed some of the leading brands are sticking petrol engines in the chippers that used to run diesels... eg jensen a530 forst st6

Not for weight but for emissions... and that at some point the diesel chippers will be fitted with dpf filters etc

Anyone else noticed? What you think?

How I feel about cars right now. A diesel man through and through but can see our next family car being a poxy petrol as they're now more reliable than a diesel due to the latter being plasteted with nonsense.

You will see it on small chippers long before anything else, one because of the weight issue. As Diesel engines get more parts strapped to them this will become more of a headache to the sub 750 crew, also on small hp machines you won't notice much difference in running costs.

We already have machines with ad blue, dpf etc but it doesn't make much difference to us. We already have a lot of T4 final engines, some T4i & seeing a lot less of the T3 engines, eventually these will disappear & we will have to have T4 with a large price increase. The large petrol chippers I have seen are very responsive and much quicker than a diesel unfortunately our petrol is a tad more expensive.

A lot of small diesel engines will not meet the future emission regs, GreenMech, Timberwolf, Jensen etc will be in the same situation in that our favoured engines for the sub 750kg range will not be available. Buyers look like they will have to accept lower HP diesel or go to petrol. We have a 37hp petrol unit for testing and it kind of makes sense as pump petrol is cheaper than white diesel!

You will see it on small chippers long before anything else, one because of the weight issue. As Diesel engines get more parts strapped to them this will become more of a headache to the sub 750 crew, also on small hp machines you won't notice much difference in running costs.

We already have machines with ad blue, dpf etc but it doesn't make much difference to us. We already have a lot of T4 final engines, some T4i & seeing a lot less of the T3 engines, eventually these will disappear & we will have to have T4 with a large price increase. The large petrol chippers I have seen are very responsive and much quicker than a diesel unfortunately our petrol is a tad more expensive.

T4 T3? Was is das?

T4 T3? Was is das?

Tier 3 is a level of engine, the new improved emissions are Tier 4. They are so much bigger & heavier due to all the extra components added, it's all for emissions that are being Fazed in.

The tier 4i is interim where each supplier will get a set number of engines in a change over period but once there gone there gone. All engines are logged like cattle, for us above 173hp is already T4 only but above 700hp you can still have the T2 which tells me they have attacked the mass market first. £££££££