Floating blades on diggers

roseyweb

My baby cat digger has a floating blade, there great as you can scrape all the twigs and leaves on a reasonably flat lawn with making any mess leaving a perfectly mess free unscathed surface. Saves loads of raking especially when doing brittle trees like poplars.

I'm in the market for a 3tonner does anyone know of any that have the floating blade other than the cat 3 tonner.

Thanks

James x

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat minis are made by wacker neuson so look at WNs 2.6t model which is standard tail swing too (getting increasingly rare in this size class it seems) I'm going to chop my 2.8t Takeuchi for a new machine this Christmas. I want 2.6t as it allows more leeway for attachments on trailer.

The new yanmar sv26 is probably my fave option at the mo, it has 2x auxiliary circuits so you could run a rotator grab without having to plumb into the crowd ram. Looks like a really nice machine but yet to try one out cos there's no dealers near.

Float on blades is brilliant and CAT have had it for years. To be honest I've not used another machine with it apart from CAT, so would be interesting to see what others are about.

In the 2.6 tonne class, the Volvo Ecr26 and Kubota U27 are now both available with twin dual action proportional circuits via rockers on the joysticks and having had demo's of both recently I would recommend you take a look at both.

I'd have happily purchased either, it really was that close, and like everything it was tiny details either way that you would love to combine into my perfect machine.

The Yanmar has great ground clearance and is well worth a look, the U27 Kubota will be money in the bank in terms of resale.

Eddie.

The only thing I don't like with the yammer is that it has 250mm tracks as most of its competition has 300mm. Eddie what are your thoughts on the kubota kx61-3? It's becoming quite an old model now so perhaps lacking in features compared with the rest? Not sure if they are plans to upgrade? Apparently according to my local dealer Takeuchi are bringing out a new 2.5t model next year, but I think I fancy a change TBH. Floating blade sounds like a great idea, surprised it's not more commonplace

The only thing I don't like with the yammer is that it has 250mm tracks as most of its competition has 300mm. Eddie what are your thoughts on the kubota kx61-3? It's becoming quite an old model now so perhaps lacking in features compared with the rest? Not sure if they are plans to upgrade? Apparently according to my local dealer Takeuchi are bringing out a new 2.5t model next year, but I think I fancy a change TBH. Floating blade sounds like a great idea, surprised it's not more commonplace

It's clinging on there as a full fat 2.6, but try the U27 or the Volvo and you will see they have cracked the cabs now.

The track pedals and flat floor of the Volvo give true full size machine operating experience and despite being a Kubota fan, if they would have been close on price I'd have the Volvo being tall and fat!

Volvo paint would at best pass as a primer finish, and I'd of had it clear gloss wrapped from new to give it a shine and hope of keeping tidy long term. Sad I know!.

Eddie.