Uniforest 35m tractor winch

Mick Dempsey

35 M | Series M | Products | Uniforest d.O.o.

About to pull the trigger on this winch. For use on my Kubota stv36

Weight is right, around 250kg, I don't need all the hydraulics as I'm not a forester. So I plumped for mechanical.

It'll be for back leaners and the odd bit of forwarding.

Anyone use one and has experience/strong feelings about them?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one on my agt 835. It's the first forestry winch I've owned so haven't got anything for comparison unfortunately but I am pleased. It seems to pull well, pretty basic maintenance, not too heavy on the back of a small tractor. I got the detachable towbar fitting on it so I can pull my small forestry trailer behind it in the woods. Can't remember exactly but I am sure it was less than £50.

Yup, what Richy said. I think with a light tractor unless you have a fair bit of extraction to do and need a decent line in speed, a recovery hydraulic winch on a frame would be cheaper and much better on leaners.

Mebees, this is only a couple of G, and I've got some work coming up in the next few weeks, so no time to buy bits and fab stuff up.

got one on a jinmi 254, cracking winch, pulls above its spec, but as was said earlier be carfull about birdnesting the winch line, dont know whether its the type of cable there supplying or the way it spools on, I suspect the cable because the other winch setup, a tajfun, looks identical, but is using cable that came from clarkes, and never had a problem with that