Stationary engine clutch/pto

aspenarb

A bit of a bargain here if you want to convert a perkins/ford or any other sae bolt pattern diesel engine to clutched PTO for stationary use. I have had to rebuild these on things like old vermier chippers and can assure you this is unbelievably cheap, fully adjustable and can be preset for slip.

9 Inch power take off clutch, lister, petter, dorman | eBay

Bob

I don't need it but I might have to buy it, I know it ll come in handy one day!

Looks much the same as on the kwikchip?

I have a spring sitting on my workbench somewhere for the jockey wheel.

On another point, is there a way of telling what the standard of bellhousing bolt pattern is?

I have a rebuilt 2.3 pug 504 engine which never got fitted because the gearbox failed, so was wondering about a stationary use for it.

nice recon Perkins to go with it

Perkins 4236 Recon Engine Jcb Fork Lift Massey Ferguson Tractor Dodge Boat | eBay

this is how Greenmech started, just buying bits and bobs, then slapping it together

Perkins a good choice as they are cheap, reliable and plentiful . The SAE size range is not a problem because any engineering firm can spin up an adaptor ring using the SAE data supplied.

Below is Perkins 4236 bellhousing with a landy 90/110 adaptor plate I took off an engine I bought to go in one of the RB`s

image.jpg1_zps6kra3v0d.jpg

image.jpg1_zpswyehzq3s.jpg

nice recon Perkins to go with it

Perkins 4236 Recon Engine Jcb Fork Lift Massey Ferguson Tractor Dodge Boat | eBay

this is how Greenmech started, just buying bits and bobs, then slapping it together

What on earth gives you the idea that that is how we started? That is fairly far from the truth! The Turner family had in manufacturing for some 30 years prior to starting GreenMech so they do know what they were doing!

Looks much the same as on the kwikchip?

I have a spring sitting on my workbench somewhere for the jockey wheel.

On another point, is there a way of telling what the standard of bellhousing bolt pattern is?

I have a rebuilt 2.3 pug 504 engine which never got fitted because the gearbox failed, so was wondering about a stationary use for it.

Kwik chip clutch is different,(basically the lever drops the pulley on to the belts). Up graded the jockey wheel so spring superfluous, been a blinding chipper though, all that's gone wrong so far is a grub screw worked loose! Touch wood ........

Kwik chip clutch is different,(basically the lever drops the pulley on to the belts). Up graded the jockey wheel so spring superfluous, been a blinding chipper though, all that's gone wrong so far is a grub screw worked loose! Touch wood ........

Must be the heizohack that had clutch like that then, memory playing up.

I quite liked the flyback jockey wheel on thekwikchip, no chance of it working its way down as you drive along.

Glad it has done well for you.