Hyundai stump grinder

gand

Not big by any means!, but can get one delivered for £999.00. Anyone know anything about them? 2 years warranty so might be worth a look

https://hyundaipowerequipment.co.uk/hyundai-hysg150-13hp-petrol-4-stroke-stump-grinder

Think I've done the link right, but probably not!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Not big by any means!, but can get one delivered for £999.00. Anyone know anything about them? 2 years warranty so might be worth a look

https://hyundaipowerequipment.co.uk/hyundai-hysg150-13hp-petrol-4-stroke-stump-grinder

Think I've done the link right, but probably not!

Looks like the same basic machine as the Rock Machinery one and any number of similar machines, same basic unit with a variety of engines and a choice of colours.

It may well take you two years warranty to do a decent sized stump! Looks ok and would certainly cope with the odd small stump, but the advert kind of identifies the market where it says:

professional garden maintenance and DIY enthusiasts

At 100kg it is very light and will be a bit 'lively' to operate for sure!

I can see it being the sort of hire company machine which turns up with blunt teeth and almost destroys the unsuspecting hirer for the day, but it is certainly not suited to professional use. It is cheap for good reason!

SG

Everything has a place in the market. This is just another rebranded product brought to market with Hyundai colours and brand. They doing it a lot at the moment with generators, compressors, saws, and all manner of stuff, not made or touched by Hyundai in any way. This is cheap, would get you out of a spot, would be as hard work as any other small grinder and as long as the buyer takes that into consideration, would sit in the shed and occasionally be useful.

One years extra warranty on the machine that Rock Machinery but a years less on the engine.

Strange how its listed as £1449 (inc) on Hyundai site but £999 on eBay (and maybe others).

Out of the Hyundai or Rock Machinery what would be best? Or a third option?

3rd option would be to leave the stump 6ft tall and a winch and farmers Jack and job done in half the time .

Ste

One years extra warranty on the machine that Rock Machinery but a years less on the engine.

Strange how its listed as £1449 (inc) on Hyundai site but £999 on eBay (and maybe others).

Out of the Hyundai or Rock Machinery what would be best? Or a third option?

At the website listed price I'd go for the Rock version with the Briggs & Stratton engine, at the ebay price I'd probably go for the Hyundai and if/when the engine packed in stick a Honda GX390 engine on it at £600.

As for other options, in the USA the home Depot and Toro small grinders look like the same thing. There's also the Forest Master which looks like it's essentially the same thing with what I guess is a Loncin Engine at £1350 or thereabouts.

At the website listed price I'd go for the Rock version with the Briggs & Stratton engine, at the ebay price I'd probably go for the Hyundai and if/when the engine packed in stick a Honda GX390 engine on it at £600.

I'd go rock due to the branded engine if planning to keep it a while, I wouldn't consider spending £600 on an engine for one of these cheap grinders though, if packed up after a few years it would have paid for itself so weigh it in and buy a new one

I'd go rock due to the branded engine if planning to keep it a while, I wouldn't consider spending £600 on an engine for one of these cheap grinders though, if packed up after a few years it would have paid for itself so weigh it in and buy a new one

Yeah I'd agree but just looking at worst case, you could have a Honda engine on the Hyundai for around the price of the Rock. I'm happy with my Rock chipper so would be inclined to go for the Rock grinder but £999 for the Hyundai is a good price for something that isn't going to see a lot of use.

In the end they're all much of a muchness.