Vermeer France.

David Cropper

I've not been too impressed with Vermeer France before compared to Vermeer UK . That's now changed. I bought a sc30tx tracked grinder last May with only 15 hours use. Recently I've had a problem with the right side steering in that it sounded like not enough hydraulic fluid was getting to it. After getting it looked at by the mechanic where I bought it from and coming to the conclusion that it was the right hand steering pump, I asked him to order me a new one from Vermeer. I thought that because I had the grinder for over 12 months that the shop guarantee was finished. He contacted Vermeer France who decided to pick up the cost of supplying and fitting the new part as the hours that the machine had done, just 300 in the year, warranted them sorting out the problem. I assumed that I would have to pay but according to the Vermeer technician who came down from Paris, twice, once to have a look then again to fix it, that Vermeer valued the good will generated by actions such as this. Very impressed as some of the horror stories that have appeared on this forum make you wary about repairs and whose liable. There technician did say that this was the first time he had come across a pump failure like this on a fairly new machine.

:thumbup1:

Ty

After your experiences, Stuart, with your grinder I definitely thought that I would be coughing up plenty of cash. Big relief when I didn't have to. I like this little grinder now I've got used to it, only thing is I've piled on the beef after throwing that Predator around.

I like a bit of beef...

You still on 'GrindR'...?

Send me a photo of you bare chested astride your machine and I'll send you one of me wearing just my tight leather shorts and a dishwasher fresh Petzel helmet astride mine.

:laugh1:

Ty

I ain't falling for that, the old :"Send me photos " gag. Last time you groomed me I ended up being sold to a Saudi sheikh. No more. The wife keeps asking me awkward questions, mainly why am I walking around in a dishdash and a thong.

This thread has me convinced that moving to France is fraught with many hazards but that the biggest danger is fellow expats in the slave trade! I think I will stay in the dearne valley!

Oh yeah great news on your repair from Vermeer. Cracking service and great to know.

Edited by Daythe trees
Typo