Forst build quality

simonm

We have a tr6 bought brand new last year it has barely done any work approx 200 hours, I have noticed a few shitty corners that seem to have being cut, just wanted to know if anyone else had noticed anything.?

1 of theWashers that holds the hopper on has being cut down to fit, as though they had run out of the correct ones!

The bolts that hold the side cover on don't and never have lined up properly, when I first took it off 1 of them was forced in on the piss!

And I have just noticed today the bearing that holds the top roller on and the bearing that goes on the flywheel shaft are touching, I thought something had broken so we used the bar forst provided to open the rollers to have a look, it looks like someone had dropped a bollock and has chipped a lump out of the flywheel bearing to allow the top roller to come down without touching the flywheel bearing! Where the bearing is chipped has being painted forst orange so I know nothing has moved and or changed since its left the factory!

It was over 30 grand this machine, we don't abuse it and always keep up with maintenance, to say it was so expensive you'd expect everything to be perfect! Unless someone can tell me it has being manufactured this way I doubt I will buy another!

WP_20160817_001.jpg.88590490038937cf98b0c97f4577d69b.jpg

WP_20160817_004.jpg.5c524a0dfae08d25de0dd560a5341fdb.jpg

WP_20160817_005.jpg.3ce3f6b88a6e7e1fd229ba478deee909.jpg

I for one have sworn that the next machine I buy will be one I choose myself at the factory and only after a goodly lot of tyre kicking, lid lifting and unscrewing stuff just to see if it goes back without an unnecessary fight to align bolt holes.

Ty:sneaky2:

There is human error which I accept, but there is also quality control to combat human error! Think it was 34 grand, that's a lot of money so why send it out like it is? The side cover and washer is no big deal even though the washer makes it a pita to get the hopper on and off! But the bearing in am not impressed with. If the original one goes kaput how the he'll do you fit a replacement? Break another bit off

I've no experience of the machines but have heard similar stories on Facebook such as throttle cables being held in place by cable ties to keep costs down(?) and one chap had the hydraulic system blow pipes on its first day

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Hydraulic hoses I would assume they don't manufacture on site and are just 1 of those unlucky things. But the things I have pointed out are ridiculous.

Agreed, Friday afternoon machines shouldn't exist.

Not at that price. Was on the phone to redwood yesterday needing some bits for my Jensen so asked for a quote and trade in price for my machine and would still be paying over £300 a month for 60 month for one given the trade in and a deposit. Need a lot more convincing of the quality of the machine before I could consider signing up for that

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk