Greenmech arborist 130 or 150

andrew t

Pls can I have opinions on both machines .

I have had a price for both machines and will be looking to invest in one or the other models in March next year .

I have used other machines but I have most experience with greenmech ie changing blades servicing etc so looking to stay loyal to what I know .

Kind regards

Andrew

Can't comment on the 150 as I haven't used one but the 130 is a cracking little machine and punches well above its weight. I believe the 150 is practically the same machine just with a larger diesel engine so will handle the same material only faster and to be honest it'll probably be cheaper to run with it being diesel

Can't comment on the 150 as I haven't used one but the 130 is a cracking little machine and punches well above its weight. I believe the 150 is practically the same machine just with a larger diesel engine so will handle the same material only faster and to be honest it'll probably be cheaper to run with it being diesel

hi coletti

Thanks for your advice I'm quite keen on the 130 myself and I don't know if I really need the bigger machine as I will be just starting out .

How long have you owned your machine.

Have you found it easy to maintain

Is there anything you don't like about the machine .

Cheers

I don't actually own one my self, it's owned by a friend and colleague of mine. He has owned it 2 years or so and has only had one issue, not mechanical though. There was a batch that hadn't had the primer applied correctly so the paint flaked and it rusted prematurely so GM took it straight back and swapped all the mechanics into a brand new chassis and body. I can't say I have found anything I dislike about it and if I could afford one I'd have it tomorrow! The crushing and feed power of the rollers is exceptional to say the least and although it may not be quite as quick as the tw150 due to the lack of hp, it'll certainly take the material in better meaning less work for the man feeding it

I don't actually own one my self, it's owned by a friend and colleague of mine. He has owned it 2 years or so and has only had one issue, not mechanical though. There was a batch that hadn't had the primer applied correctly so the paint flaked and it rusted prematurely so GM took it straight back and swapped all the mechanics into a brand new chassis and body. I can't say I have found anything I dislike about it and if I could afford one I'd have it tomorrow! The crushing and feed power of the rollers is exceptional to say the least and although it may not be quite as quick as the tw150 due to the lack of hp, it'll certainly take the material in better meaning less work for the man feeding it

Well you can't say fairer than that if they solved the problem .

I use a quadtrack and a ecocombi at the place I work I like both machines .

The only thing that looks weird is the fold down light unit on the hopper .

He opted for the Honda engine but I'm sure either would be fine, Honda just has a better reputation. The fold down light unit works a a Jack leg if the chipper isn't hitched to a vehicle so it won't tip up when there's a heavy load going in

He opted for the Honda engine but I'm sure either would be fine, Honda just has a better reputation. The fold down light unit works a a Jack leg if the chipper isn't hitched to a vehicle so it won't tip up when there's a heavy load going in

I think I would probably go for the Honda for the same reason .

Sounds like a good idea with the light board does it get in the way though when you chip I know your supposed to chip from the side but I won't always be the one using it .

I can't say I have ever noticed it to be an issue, just have to make sure the ground behind the chipper is clear as unlike with other chippers it can't just be kicked out of the way under the hopper. To be honest though, it winds me up if there's a mess behind the chipper so I just tidy as I go, could be an issue if you can't be bothered to do that but I don't really see it as a problem