Anyone ever leased their tools?

ATC1983

Hi all

Wondering if anyone has ever leased their machinery out regularly to generate extra income, or supplied labour and machine and what going rate to look?

Am looking into getting a woodchipper and thinking of hiring it on its own, as well occasionally myself as the operator.

Obviously I'm looking to undercut the lease companies as I'm not paying vat.

I'm in Belfast and am looking at either a TP 175 or greenmech 150. Not sure at the mo which will give me the higher service costs tbh..

Is this worthwhile assuming I can avoid theft???

See I know the guy would be using and trust him not to, would save him constantly hiring at 140 odd a day. I was thinking around £100 per day for machine or £350 a week opposed to 440 from hire company. I suppose even if I put £120 a day machine and man its not bad. Any thoughts from chipper owners as to monthly or yearly running costs for a chipper? Previously I've only hired.

Your business plan in based on renting it out to 1 person, what if he doesn't want or need it and it get rented to some numpty who throws old fence posts riddled with nails garden rubbish old kids toys and ruins it. Its down time and repairs will cost you, I wont lend owt out to anyone because I have seen how it gets used! Save your money and invest in something else.

Lad I know who tried hiring out chipper & operator goes to a domestic job where customer had took some conifers down, conifers go through and customer reveals a pile of **** including old toys and fence posts, another occasion lad from council put a scaffold bar through to see what would happen. If your renting it out you have no control of what's going through!

You only want 1 Muppet to throw crap through and you've ruined £200 worth of blades at a minimum.