Viking mb 545vm Lawnmower

Jamieking86

I am a self employed gardener doing private gardens. I currently have a Hayter motif 48, it's been perfect to be fair but I am thinking of investing in a self propelled lawn mower and so far the viking mb 545vm seems to be the one. I need it to be fairly lightweight like the motif 48 (32kg) and this viking model is around that. Are they good enough and reliable for private commercial gardens? Thanks.

Hi Jamie , the Viking mower in Question is fine for small Domestic gardens etc but it will struggle with Mossy lawns and uneven gardens , has to variable speed control don't move lever while engine switched off ., otherwise great mowers and cheap and easy to repair.

Sre

I've got the Viking MB4 RTP and the MB650VM and I don't rate either, very underpowered in standard form as they don't rev high enough for long or rough grass, I put a stronger Spring on both to hold the revs higher and that helped a bit but neither are a patch on my previous Honda HR536 and John Deere JS63.

I've an old 4 series Viking and it's now on its fifth season and cut a hell of a lot of grass. All its cost me is a few new blades and a cable so really can't complain. Also have a newer 4 and a 5 but always reach for the old one first at the price they cost you've nothing to lose

Hi guys, thank you for your replys much appreciated. It's hard to make a decision when getting such mixed reviews about the viking mower. I've only ever had the hayter 48 and I've used a Harrier 48 I think it was but they are far too heavy for me working on my own. What would you guys recommend for general maintenance? I've heard Honda mowers are very good and reliable but I know nothing about them as I've never used them.