TopTrumps: Bandit HB20 V Predator 460

Suffolk-Matt

Anyone used BOTH machines?

Ive put about a hundred hours on HB20's in the past and really rate them. But im looking to get a new grinder and torn between these two.

HB20 -

Slighty narrower in standard form

2 HP extra

Good dealer backup

460 -

Considerably cheaper to buy (not far off half)

Better wheel design (debatable)

Good dealer backup

Seen second hand HB's with a couple of hundred hours going for the same price as the 460 is new,must say something?

So anyone used both?

Anyone in the Suffolkshire area have the 460 that I could come and prod/kick the tyres?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd choose the Predator because it is more stable with only singe wheels and much cheaper.

Backup is excellent IME from Arbrep Services and Predator UK.

In fact, I bought mine from Arbrep because they did me a better deal than Predator!!

Any issues with your machine? I didnt like the idea of electric drive..

90% of my work is in the town centre, i do worry about width of access also. They do a narrow HB20 (n) which im still tempted by, every inch counts :001_tongue:

We've had both and now have hb20 narrow.

Speed of grinding there really isn't much in it, the bandit is harder work.

We use the machines hard and the predator was really worn after less than a year.

My opinion if you are going to give the machine a hard life and do a lot of grinding get the hb20, if you want a grinder that can fit in the truck with a normal days kit (as well as chip/logs on way home) and grind a stump or two at end of day get the predator.

Service from predator and global has been equally as good.

Cheers

Any issues with your machine? I didnt like the idea of electric drive..

90% of my work is in the town centre, i do worry about width of access also. They do a narrow HB20 (n) which im still tempted by, every inch counts :001_tongue:

The throttle and choke cables seized and had to be replaced.

I should have lubed them!

😳

Speed of grinding there really isn't much in it, the bandit is harder work.

Thats interesting, thanks

The throttle and choke cables seized and had to be replaced.

I should have lubed them!

😳

Will bear that in mind, but a minor niggle I spose.

I think if a second hand HB20n came up for a good price it would be a tough call.

Thats interesting, thanks

Will bear that in mind, but a minor niggle I spose.

I think if a second hand HB20n came up for a good price it would be a tough call.

I don't think u can go far wrong with a hb20, especially a narrow one. We have that and a big grinder and not had a stump we can't do yet and never had a break down.

We're u not selling a hb20 recently? Or have I got that complety wrong lol

I don't think u can go far wrong with a hb20, especially a narrow one. We have that and a big grinder and not had a stump we can't do yet and never had a break down.

We're u not selling a hb20 recently? Or have I got that complety wrong lol

Indeed I was, that wasnt mine though I was simply selling on someone's behalf whom passed away. Was tempted to purchase it myself but the funds were not there at the time, its going to be a finance job whatever i get :thumbup1:

i had a demo on the bandit but went for the 460.

Bandit was a solid machine and big! although it can go narrow its a big machine.

I personally didnt feel comfy with it, i couldnt seem to see where i was grinding.

The 460 i can see a lot more.

Dead from Global was brilliant though. Top man that.

460 drive is electric, not the smoothest but nothing major. u get use to it pretty quick. a graduated drive ( so it dont just go ahead full speed would be good and was the only feedback i have really for preadator).

cables can get stuck but a bit of lube or even new cables isnt a major deal.

Try them and u should be able to decide for yourself.