Benefits of ISA Certification

tomrose.arb

A question for the travelling arborists!

How many of you are ISA certified, and have you found that being certified has opened up more opportunities internationally for you? If so, which countries seemed to value it most and was it ever a prerequisite for a job? I'm from the UK and tentatively looking into it.

A question for the travelling arborists!

How many of you are ISA certified, and have you found that being certified has opened up more opportunities internationally for you? If so, which countries seemed to value it most and was it ever a prerequisite for a job? I'm from the UK and tentatively looking into it.

Personally when i was looking at work option a few years ago,only eu wanted it.

Didn't have it,didn't get a lookin.

Usa/canada were only interested if i liked snowboarding in downtime.

See recent thread by Tom D, no-one over here knows what an arborist is, so they aint going to be especially impressed if you are a certified one. Also, ISA is not really 'International'. The UK chapter has just been dissolved.

Thats a bit of a generalisation there mate, I've been an ISA cert arb for 12 year and had plenty clients choose me specifically because i was an arborist, The UK chapter might be dissolved but it does not stop the qualification being recognised internationally.

Thats a bit of a generalisation there mate, I've been an ISA cert arb for 12 year and had plenty clients choose me specifically because i was an arborist, The UK chapter might be dissolved but it does not stop the qualification being recognised internationally.

Totally agree, I have just re certified and have had the same with customers . There might be a new UK office in the future so I was lead to belive.

The ISA Cert Arb is a well respected qualification in the USA. It tells a potential employer you have a good understanding of trees and tree care. Most of the better companies operating around the bigger cities and towns would see great benefit of a climber having the ISA Cert.

You can also use it to help negotiate a higher pay grade.

Agree with all the above, generally, and indeed my experience of people with the ISA Certified Arborist qualification via the ARB Approved Contractor is generally very positive in terms of both arb technical knowledge and practice. I too previously study the workbook, very useful, but never got round to doing the exams...boo hoo.

However, and acknowledging that 'internationally', and certainly in N. America, the ISA Cert. Arb. is the way to go, but on a European basis it's also worth considering the Euro. Tree Worker qualification (see EAC - ) which has a deemed equivalency.

"Food fer thought.."

Cheers all..

Paul