Stem felling

Secretarb

ye the first stem was rotten to about 6 ft high, i just wish i had caught the dismantle part of it. You have been able to see the over extending branches and the lean of the crown.

The other had that tight union you see right at the end of the video, both stem were 50ft on top of that union, hence why it came out.

It was a good day. Dont often get the chance to do tall trees like them.

Cheers any who :)

ye the first stem was rotten to about 6 ft high, i just wish i had caught the dismantle part of it. You have been able to see the over extending branches and the lean of the crown.

The other had that tight union you see right at the end of the video, both stem were 50ft on top of that union, hence why it came out.

It was a good day. Dont often get the chance to do tall trees like them.

Cheers any who :)

Nice fells. Personally I'd have used a 660 over that 88!

It was a 660, i wouldn't dream of using an 880 on that size of stem lol

To be honest never used an 880 to date

cheers :)

Me neither, was watching on my phone so wasn't the biggest pic. The guide bar looked a bit big for a 66 unless you're 5'6" :biggrin:

Some good felling there. We've got a 660 on 36" and it cuts well. Did have it on a 28" which was better, but needed bigger for one job. It's surprising how many times the bigger bar gets utilised now. Far cheaper than buying the 880