Japanese Knot Weed.

Celtictimber

Depends where it is if its in an open arear just growing on soil I have lit a frie on ground burnt it and what comes back fill it full of neat roundup. I have never delt with it growing out of concrete or fences that must be very hard to kill. I see it on my travells alot round county lanes but no one realy seems to care.

Hi we looked into doing this as a full time job, it seems that STEM INJECTION is the best way foward, it injects a strong weed killer directly into the stem, this way the poision travels all the way down to the roots, bare in mind they can be down 15 feet so cutting them of at ground level will only stimulate more growth and it will lie dormant posibly upto a year, then come back,

It needs to be treated for three years and a further visit each yr for two yrs if it's tall cut and burn on site or cut and lay then spray or if u burn wait till the bugger pops it's head up then spray we used to use tordon 22k very good but they have stopt selling it now

last time I done a large area, knapsack of roundup 360 sprayed in june when in flower

client was trying for 10 years to get rid it knocked it right back and now only spot spray to keep back regrowth.

smaller areas individual ones paint neat roundup on them when actively growing seems to keep them at bay.

there is a chemical forgot what its called will totally clear area but you cant plant anything in the area for 2 years.also is very expensive.

what i do is get a ink printer refill syringe inject 50ml neat glyphosate 360 brand i use is clinic ace, into each stem let i die off 2/3 weeks burn the dead stems n leafs then i use caustic soda cyristals down fair bit of it pored on the area of where it was then water it in done some for mate 4 years ago its not come back

Edited by littlerob

Right. Bit advice. The land me to my yard is riddled with it. Wrote him a letter as first approach. No reply. The boundary of my land is the ditch and its on his side , an acre full of it. Do the council help out at all in approaching landowners? Cheers