Meindl Woodwalker Repairs

davetaz

Big thank you to Meindl for repairing my Woodwalker Boots.

After about 14 months the soles split open (in the heel end) and the rubber compound disintegrated. The rest of the boots (tread, leather etc) were still in good condition.

Eventually returned them to Meindl and they came back with brand new soles (different to original ones), new rubber rands, new inners and new laces!

All sorted for no charge! Good service under warranty

No not at all!

My retailer told me that having them re-soled wasnt an option so found out the UK company that acts for meindl. This is Bramwell International.

I emailed them and described what the issue was. They asked me to post the boots to them for assessment. I was warned there may be a cost for repairs. The boots were then sent to Meindl in Germany and then returned to me repaired.

This is how i contacted them

Contact | Meindl UK and Ireland

No not at all!

My retailer told me that having them re-soled wasnt an option so found out the UK company that acts for meindl. This is Bramwell International.

I emailed them and described what the issue was. They asked me to post the boots to them for assessment. I was warned there may be a cost for repairs. The boots were then sent to Meindl in Germany and then returned to me repaired.

This is how i contacted them

Contact | Meindl UK and Ireland

Thanks, it's worth knowing. I can remember what the warranty is on my boots but I would have thought that over 6 months would be pushing it!

For the record I wasn't having a pop in my post, it was more light hearted than it may have read.

I know the "pm sent" thing does raise a few heckles though!