Rb44

chrisgilltreesurgery

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking into buying an RB44 and I'd love to see some RB44's which have been converted into tree trucks, I'd also like to hear your positive and negative comments on them...

Cheers guys and gals :thumbup:

HI CHRIS as you no mate JOHN on here has one mate and it a great looking trucker:thumbup1: thanks jon :thumbup:

I have seriously considered them but then I put my sensible head on and forget the idea.

Pants towing capacity of 2200kg is the killer for me, and some parts are not available unless you manage to get second hand.

But without a doubt they are a nice looking bit of kit.

I looked into them / viewed. I soon reliesed I've got a d reg ex army landrover that's hard work to drive. In the end I didn't want another vehicle that's was the same

The parts thing was also another factor

Needed a geet long left arm to use the gears too.

Ive an old tree surgeon friend from wark/Northumberland who has had one in his shed since the late 90s. His plan was to convert it for tree work, the day he sells it cheap then I may join the club

I looked into them / viewed. I soon reliesed I've got a d reg ex army landrover that's hard work to drive. In the end I didn't want another vehicle that's was the same

The parts thing was also another factor

Needed a geet long left arm to use the gears too.

Ive an old tree surgeon friend from wark/Northumberland who has had one in his shed since the late 90s. His plan was to convert it for tree work, the day he sells it cheap then I may join the club

HI DR if you no were to look you can get the parts ok thanks jon :thumbup:

There is a recovery garage 30 mins from mine, they sell ex mod vehicles and have broken many rb44's so parts are plenty full along with very knowledgable mechanics who know these inside out. The bang tidy was a great bit of kit but parts were so over priced and hard to get a hold of, ie track rod end had to get shipped from Australia coz there were none in Europe at all! That was worrying to say the least, so when the clutch was on its way out among other things I decided to jump ship.

I'm now running a 3.5 ton iveco 150bhp but it struggles fully loaded, and by god do I like to load them up :roll eyes:

RB44 looks great and towing capacity of 2200kg is fine as my big Vermeer is 2100kg :smile: