Training I would highly recommend!

hicksj

Hi All,

I am a big believer in doing/getting things from recommendations; whether it is a bit of kit or a training course. So I am keen to pass on my experiences for others.

I am new to the industry and I have just completed my CS30 & CS31 with Roland Heming training.

It was a fantastic course, with a fantastic instructor (Martin). It made a real difference being trained by someone who still does the job and was able to pass on 'top tips' and expertise. The course was laid back and informative and at the end I felt confident enough to go and fell a whole forest!

Speaking of which the course is held in a very nice woodland, with plenty to crosscut and fell!

I was assessed by Roland - couldn't be a nicer guy! I felt completely at ease and able to complete the required questions and demonstration without that (eyes burning into the back of your head feeling)

I have already booked to return to complete my climbing course and I am currently eyeing up my third.

Also if like me, you want to make your cash go as far as possible with kit and training etc, Roland Heming offers great value for money, even if you stay in the accommodation, it can work out cheaper than others!

Great course, fantastic instruction, relaxed environment, highly recommended!

Hope the above helps anyone looking to get more tickets or like me start out!:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to add a little extra to the above review.

(hope its helping guys in my position trying to work out who is best to train with, when the choice is so vast!)

I did my CS38 Climbing and Aerial Rescue last week with Roland and Martin.

Once again the training was fantastic and I now feel very comfortable up a tree, which is what I wanted, not just a tick in a box and a piece of paper!

After all; that won't help me when I'm out on a real job.

Great training as always, cheers fellas!

P.S I'm already booked up for CS39 in June and CS41 July....... need I say more.........

Just wanted to add a little extra to the above review.

(hope its helping guys in my position trying to work out who is best to train with, when the choice is so vast!)

I did my CS38 Climbing and Aerial Rescue last week with Roland and Martin.

Once again the training was fantastic and I now feel very comfortable up a tree, which is what I wanted, not just a tick in a box and a piece of paper!

After all; that won't help me when I'm out on a real job.

Great training as always, cheers fellas!

P.S I'm already booked up for CS39 in June and CS41 July....... need I say more.........

Hi fella just to ask what are they charging for these courses and the assessment ?

I paid £440 (excl accommodation) for my CS38, that included all kit hire any PPE needed and the assessment & fees. So literally everything for £440.

I checked out the accommodation offered (that's pretty swanky to!)

But I just commuted from Bristol.

Check out roland heming forestry and arboricultural training and assessment

I paid £440 (excl accommodation) for my CS38, that included all kit hire any PPE needed and the assessment & fees. So literally everything for £440.

I checked out the accommodation offered (that's pretty swanky to!)

But I just commuted from Bristol.

Check out roland heming forestry and arboricultural training and assessment

Thanks for that,I have just checked their web-site looks pretty well set up. Me based in the midlands so if I go for it it will be stay over.:thumbup::thumbup::lol:

• 2 weeks later...