Outfront mower recomendations

bankhouse builder

Hi everyone

I am looking for an outfront ride on for my own use at home want one with a mulching deck

I am considering either a Husqvarna rider or a stiga can get a cutting deck width of around 1050mm through the garden gates

Has anyone had any experience of these mowers reliability quality of cut and finish.

Or if there are any other makes which are worth considering

Thanks for your advice

Hi everyone

I am looking for an outfront ride on for my own use at home want one with a mulching deck

I am considering either a Husqvarna rider or a stiga can get a cutting deck width of around 1050mm through the garden gates

Has anyone had any experience of these mowers reliability quality of cut and finish.

Or if there are any other makes which are worth considering

Thanks for your advice

My dad has a stiga out front mulcher and thinks it's great.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Husqvarna have a range of machines with combi 94cm or 103cm decks. I always feel you sit on a stiga compared to sitting in a rider. The seat seems to high on a stiga but that's just my opinion. If you go for a rider go for a model with v twin engine they sound so much nicer and if you dont need AWD then don't bother they handle really well with out it.

I guess it could be said that I am bias, as I have sold Stiga for 30 years! But to be fair I have sold other makes as well, and in my opinion no other mulching mower comes close to the finish left by Stiga.

Yes, the seating position is higher than a Husqvarna which can be a disadvantage on steep ground, but access on and off is easier, especially for anyone with back problems.

The Stiga is the only pivot steer that 'tracks' the front and back wheels exactly, and the bodywork stays within the turning arc.

85cm and 95cm decks will both pass through the 1050 gap, but the 95cm only just does it as it is 1030 wide overall at its widest point.

Mine fits into my shed with absolutely no clearance, but the pivot steer makes it simple to line up as a little tweak on the steering virtually 'side shifts' the deck.

Have a look on my website for details. Not touting for business, just providing information. You will find most dealers are similar in price.

https://www.garden-kit.co.uk/ride-on-mowers?filter=brand:stiga;

I had a husky outfront mower 10 yrs ago - piece of cr*p.

Bought a Kubota F3060 & F3660 instead, both with trimax flail decks. Never looked back until 2 years ago when the business changed direction and we bought an Irus Deltrak

Sounds like you were using it for pro use? Husqvarna didn't make commercial riders back then so using a domestic machine for pro use is bound to end in disappointment. What model did you have? The P series husqvarna riders are a fantastic machine. Mine beats anything I have used before powered by a 25hp Kubota.