Advice on lawnmower

Coin

Hi,

I always seem to be asking for advice,but it's a great forum for knowledge.

I'm looking to buy a used lawnmower just for the home, it'll never be used commercially. There is approx a half acre lawn on an L-shape with trees and flower beds to be navigated.

The awkward part is a 500m avenue that leads to our house with a 3ft grass verge on both sides. The verges has a post and rail fence along side it but with no kerbs laid. For this reason, I've only been looking for front deck mowers, it's not hilly so AWD probably won't be a factor.

I've been offered a stiga 13.5hp front deck with 40inch deck, but I'm holding out for something like a Husqvarna Rider with 15hp. The budget is about €2000 tops and there isn't much selection at the moment.

What do you think of the stiga vs the Husqvarna? Or would I be better with a toro walk behind?

Any suggestions are welcome.

I'd do some research on what your money will buy with regards to Husqvarna, especially the home owner range, I think a lot of their stuff is unreliable. Can't speak for stiga. If your thinking of a walk behind then you won't go far wrong with masport for reliability and value for money. I have use them for years on my grass rounds and do bigger gardens with it as well. I'm going to look at an etesia pro later this month, supposed to be the muts nuts in all weathers but comes with a hefty price tag for a push mower. Don't by an Ariens LM. Absolute waste of time in any thing other than short dry grass.

Sent from my XT1580 using Arbtalk mobile app

Would recommend an Etesia if self propelled, pick up whether it be wet grass is phenomenal, the new ones have a mulching kit, which we use, only downside that the bigger ones are heavy machines, we also have a Viking roller which up until now has served us well, also an old Rover which is bullet proof. Spoilt for choice really, but based on our own experience would recommend. We have an Iseki SGR ride on for commercial work, great pick up & finish.

The little Husky riders are a well built machine especially the Decks compared to most , I have tried/owned so many Mowers and I am impressed with the Pivot Steering.

Has to the Toro timemaster you are better going for the Heavy duty model the Turf master which does cover a lot of ground but does not like Tall wet grass at all .

My Little Husky which takes up very little room up in my swb Iveco van and I can still fit a 19" Hayter in .Ideal mower for large domestic lawns has it will fit through most gates .

Screenshot_20170121-220443.jpg.be70645078d6b11f9eb4be2dec30bd93.jpg

Ste

I suppose I'm in no huge rush to purchase, but would like it before end of February anyway.

There's very little on the second hand market around me at the moment unfortunately. Because of the length of avenue, I'm sticking with ride on.

I agree with one poster, 13hp sounds low for the ground being covered with 40inch deck. There's a 15.5hp Stiga around also with a 42inch that may be worth a look. No husqvarnas around at all.