This Seasons Grass growth ....

IVECOKID

This year's growth has been phenomenal to say the least , I have never know a season like it and I grew up on a farm. . Gardens that always look pale for year's and burnt off in summer now look amazing. Anyone feeding a lawn this season must be puddled has I cannot cut grass quick enough at the moment. Anyone else in the grass cutting game thinking the same .

Ste

My old man job is basically cutting school fields every fortnight. Getting to 10 inches long in some places they've had to replace their cylinder unit with a rotary as it cant deal with it.

Only slowed down for a week or two hear in August and it's straight back at the stupid growth.

For the first half of the summer I would agree but since then Kent has had pretty much no rain since and most are now browned off despite our attempts to keep them greened up with feed early on. Now we could really do with a fortnight of rain at night to get it back to some sense again, any day time rain just evaporates within hours.

For the first half of the summer I would agree but since then Kent has had pretty much no rain since and most are now browned off despite our attempts to keep them greened up with feed early on. Now we could really do with a fortnight of rain at night to get it back to some sense again, any day time rain just evaporates within hours.

This neck of the Woods has been constant rain then 2/3 Glorious Sunshine followed by rain since February, jobs are taking longer and only plus side is some customers want weekly grass cuts ( which it should be) but there is only so much mileage one can physically do . I am so looking forward to winter for good break but I have a feeling this ain't going to happen .

Ste

When I worked on the schools grass cutting and pitch marking in the 70s we got years like this. Policy then was to stop cutting in September but we had to carry on till November then we were stopped by the wet ground not the lack of growth as it was marking the fields with cutting them.