Any skiers out there?

Loler UK

With most arborists having an affinity for the outdoors and a pragmatic approach to risk I'd guess allot of us are skiers?

I'm off skiing for 8 weeks this year and will be driving out with a mate to Serbia where I'll be guiding some groups from the UK skiing.

On the way back we plan to visit some resorts en-route in Austria and maybe Germany can anyone recommend some? preferably relatively high altitude (for Austria) with good off-piste possibilities, got some touring set-ups but don't want to schlep too far, ideally hop off a lift, a few minutes or less on skins then hit some long lines all the way to the lowest lift/s.

we'll be sleeping in the van so not bothered by accommodation/ facilities etc it's all about the snow! So far I've been recommended Solden but am looking to find somewhere a bit further to the east to break up the journey

thanks in advance, Mike

I've heard that the Italian alps are the better place to be for the lack of snow at the mo.... Just keep the snow dance up! I think off posting is gonna be interesting.

If there is snow then La Blame at La Clusaz is basically ski lifts to off pisting with relatively cheap ski passes, and while your there you can visit Le Grand Bornand, Careful for the avalanches which are going to be rife what with the slippery base due to lack of a proper base....

Edited by redmoosefaction

I am quite lucky where I live as I am only an hour and a half's drive from Glenshee and can nip up there quite easily. Never been abroad skiing before as my wife doesnt ski as she has arthritis and the cold would kill her. I just ski midweek and avoid the weekenders who clog up the place.:thumbup1: