Logmaster advert removed?

Big J

Hi mods,

My Logmaster mill advertisement seems to have been removed?

Arbtrader isn't something that I get on with very well - I get no notifications of messages and with something as unique and unusual as the sawmill, it would be very beneficial to have a proper discussion about the mill that is viewable by all to help anyone who might be interested in purchasing it.

Could I please have the thread reinstated? Arbtrader is fine for standard stuff, but it's not appropriate for this machine.

Arbtrader advert linking to a webpage with extra info?

No, I posted a thread here to advertise it. Really dislike Arbtrader - it's not suitable for selling unusual items, doesn't notify you of when you have messages and given that the whole buying process of the mill was done publicly on the forum, it made sense to sell it in the same way. I was also not informed of the removal of the thread, or given an opportunity to save the text.

Why would you be informed? You have been here long enough to know the rules. Anyway, I have reinstated it as a one off on this occassion.

I would understand it if it were a trailer, chainsaw, chipper or indeed anything else run of the mill. But given that a sawmill is such a complicated bit of kit, lots of questions would need to be asked and answered in order for folk to have a fair idea of what they could be getting. I'm just wanting to save having to repeat myself lots of time in various emails/messages!

Steve, thanks for reinstating it, it's much appreciated. :thumbup1:

Hi mods,

My Logmaster mill advertisement seems to have been removed?

Arbtrader isn't something that I get on with very well - I get no notifications of messages and with something as unique and unusual as the sawmill, it would be very beneficial to have a proper discussion about the mill that is viewable by all to help anyone who might be interested in purchasing it.

Could I please have the thread reinstated? Arbtrader is fine for standard stuff, but it's not appropriate for this machine.

I agree, can't see why you can't advertise on here, it's a pain switching to Arb Trader.

I'm sure more people would use it if it was within Arb Talk

I agree, can't see why you can't advertise on here, it's a pain switching to Arb Trader.

I'm sure more people would use it if it was within Arb Talk

Mr Bullman does need to make a living out of this forum that we all get to use for now't!

Look to the right of your screen, all those fancy little adverts get paid for!:001_rolleyes:

Steve as bent the rules on this occasion..... Rules were made to be bent, not broken!:biggrin:

For my twopenneth, I would prefer to see Arbtrader improved rather than clutter Arbtalk up with classified ads.

Born out of frustration, my immediate suggestions would be making Asking Price and Location (County, Town, 1st half of postcode?) mandatory fields.

Anyone else care to offer their constructive observations?

:001_smile:

Why would you be informed? You have been here long enough to know the rules. Anyway, I have reinstated it as a one off on this occassion.

Well I will say it if others seem to have forgotten, thanks Steve, decent of you to make an exception to the rules.