Opinion on this trailer?

Big J

I'm over to Germany visiting family next month, and going with the van as I have to bring back some furniture. My Ifor trailer is now two years old, has done a fair mileage and is a bit small for my needs.

The exchange rate is extremely favourable at the moment and German trailers are by and large better built and cheaper anyway. So I was going to bring one back, and I liked the look of this one due to it's larger wheels (better stability and ground clearance) and the part aluminium construction gives a better payload than the British trailers. It's also comedy cheap (which is to say I have a large choice at this price).

Lehwald Anhaenger -Anhänger Verkauf

That's only £2139 including VAT (£1798 plus VAT at 19%) once you've added the 100km/h axles and spare wheel. At least a grand cheaper than the Ifor trailer, and less than my second hand Ifor trailer is worth.

Opinions?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You consider a 2 year old trailer past its best????????????:confused1:

Wish I was as wealthy as you!!!!!!:001_huh:

Well it's no longer fit for what I need it for - it's too narrow and too short and worth more second hand here than a new one costs in Germany! :001_tt2:

In my opinion these are the Lidl/Aldi sort of trailer. All the specs on paper but not that great for hard everyday use. Fine for occasional use though, and you can afford to replace them more often I suppose.

Edit: referring to the first link, not ever seen an "unsinn" in real life

Edited by Daniël Bos

Well it's no longer fit for what I need it for - it's too narrow and too short and worth more second hand here than a new one costs in Germany! :001_tt2:

So you are going to sell that to fund the new one?? That makes good sense :thumbup1:

(Why not say that in your opening post??)

So you are going to sell that to fund the new one?? That makes good sense :thumbup1:

(Why not say that in your opening post??)

Sorry, should have said! I bought my trailer according to my needs 2 years ago but given that I cut a lot more softwood these days, I need something longer.

My Uncle in Germany (retired tree surgeon, used to run a company hiring out MEWPS) has recommended Unsinn, saying that a lot of trades use them out there. I'd only discounted it as I was struggling to find a local distributor, but this company will deliver it to a local point on my route for 95 Euros.

In my opinion these are the Lidl/Aldi sort of trailer. All the specs on paper but not that great for hard everyday use. Fine for occasional use though, and you can afford to replace them more often I suppose.

Edit: referring to the first link, not ever seen an "unsinn" in real life

Given the fact that European trailers are tested each year I find that hard to believe.

I tried finding a dropside Humbaur trailer for sale in the UK but nobody stocked them. I think it's an import tax problem that makes it too expensive for the UK.

The payload on them is generally much higher when compared with Ifors.

I found a used Anssems eventually & it's superb.

If you buy a Humbaur you'd probably be able to get a very good used price for it when/if you come to sell it..

Given the fact that European trailers are tested each year I find that hard to believe.

This statement you believe to be fact is not true.:001_smile:

But even if it were so: cars are tested every year, there are huge differences in quality between different makes and models.