Uk vs imports

alowen

Evening all, I was looking at a husq T435 and per our UK sites it's ranging from £380 to £450, then I stumbled across this

Husqvarna T435 chainsaw with 14" Bar and Chain 35.2cc 2.01hp 7.5lbs BRAND NEW 024761034425 | eBay

It comes from USA at around £257 posted to my door..........but is subject to import/tax costs.

My question is, have any of you bought a saw from abroad and not had to pay the extra costs?

I understand the warranty side of it, if I bought uk based saw I can speak direct to supplier etc etc but at nearly £200 saving, I'm seriously considering the USA option.

Al

Evening all, I was looking at a husq T435 and per our UK sites it's ranging from £380 to £450, then I stumbled across this

Husqvarna T435 chainsaw with 14" Bar and Chain 35.2cc 2.01hp 7.5lbs BRAND NEW 024761034425 | eBay

It comes from USA at around £257 posted to my door..........but is subject to import/tax costs.

My question is, have any of you bought a saw from abroad and not had to pay the extra costs?

I understand the warranty side of it, if I bought uk based saw I can speak direct to supplier etc etc but at nearly £200 saving, I'm seriously considering the USA option.

Al

When you import from the US, you ae subject to pay tax in this country as well as the US - thats VAT plus a possible handling fee from the courier/post. The EU is fine - you pay tax in the country you purchase from - thats the positive side of Europe:thumbup:

Some companies such as Amazon sort all this out and give you a UK landed price so they take the US tax off and add the UK tax on :thumbup:which is nice!

You can get the parcel marked up as a gift and may get away with it and items under circa £10 are not elligible to VAT on importation. -

I sound like a bloody VAT expert:001_rolleyes: