Good PDF overview of various SRT systems

I am still trying to get my head around the business of SRT , really interested to learn more. Came across this PDF which I found useful.

If there is anyone running a workshop for SRT or just Rec climb with some of you experienced guys I'd be very keen to get involved. Really trying to broaden my knowledge at the minute and this sort of stuff makes much more sense in the flesh!!

Chris

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still trying to get my head around the business of SRT , really interested to learn more. Came across this PDF which I found useful.

If there is anyone running a workshop for SRT or just Rec climb with some of you experienced guys I'd be very keen to get involved. Really trying to broaden my knowledge at the minute and this sort of stuff makes much more sense in the flesh!!

Chris

Whereabouts are you based? Nomadic Climbers run various SRT workshops and two of our guys will be at this year's Arb Show demoing setups/available for general tree climbing questioning.

That's a good document, as is all the stuff I've seen from them.

The only real flaw I guess is that it precedes the SRT work positioning systems which are taking off - RW, HH & Uni principally - so all the set ups are a bit 'IRATA'....

I picked the bits I liked from some of the systems covered in it, modified them, and put my wrench based kit together. Was a useful starting point.

Whereabouts are you based? Nomadic Climbers run various SRT workshops and two of our guys will be at this year's Arb Show demoing setups/available for general tree climbing questioning.

Hi, I follow the nomadic climbers on facebook, couldn't figure out quite where they were located though. i'm in Shropshire

That's a good document, as is all the stuff I've seen from them.

The only real flaw I guess is that it precedes the SRT work positioning systems which are taking off - RW, HH & Uni principally - so all the set ups are a bit 'IRATA'....

I picked the bits I liked from some of the systems covered in it, modified them, and put my wrench based kit together. Was a useful starting point.

True all that, the info is a good starting point.

A reference if you will to what has preceded some of the more popular systems being refined now.

Myself I am still searching, learning, taking it all in. Have been aware of SRT for some time, but just never have/had the need for it, chances are if I am climbing a tree, it is a removal.

Still I want to bring some refinement to the set of skills I already have(as vast, and refined as they already are.....lol:001_tt2:), so I have to take the big plunge and start exploring the trees using rope access.

Guaranteed to be a journey but I look forward to it. Juaat woirking on getting soem proper SRT kit. Jut needing a couple of ascenders, hand and a basic or the like I think to start. If anyone has any decent/used but cared for gear they think could use a new home shoot me a PM,I got lots of space... maybe we can work out a deal ?

Stay safe up there.